Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'My new purpose': Emma Heming shares why she launched brain care brand amid Bruce Willis' dementia battle

2023-05-19 04:52
Emma Heming Willis said that she was suffering from short-term memory loss and had bouts of brain fog
'My new purpose': Emma Heming shares why she launched brain care brand amid Bruce Willis' dementia battle

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA; Bruce Willis' wife, Emma Heming Willis has made an announcement that she has started a brain health wellness brand, Make Time Wellness. The 44-year-old model confirmed the launch of the brand on Thursday, May 18, a year after their family revealed that the 'Die Hard' actor was diagnosed with aphasia and later announced he was diagnosed with frontotemporal dementia.

After the family shared the news, Emma who shares Mabel, 10, and eight-year-old Evelyn, with Willis has been candid about her husband's condition and shared on social media that she has taken on the caretaker role as his condition has worsened. She admitted that a "fire's been lit" and it's her "new purpose" to raise awareness about brain conditions, according to People.

RELATED ARTICLES

The Tragic Decline of Bruce Willis: From misfiring guns on set to asking crewmembers 'why am I here'

Internet backs Bruce Willis' wife Emma Heming as she slams claims Demi Moore has MOVED IN

'My brain was suffering, and I could feel it'

Emma said that she was suffering from short-term memory loss and had bouts of brain fog. "We always talk about breast health or heart health, but brain health was just something that I had never heard of," she said.

"My brain was suffering, and I could feel it. Why is the focus on the rest of our body when really our brain is our biggest asset and the one that we should be really looking after? I found that when you put your brain first and when you are taking care of your brain, your whole body benefits," Emma added.

What is 'Make Time Wellness'?

Emma has launched the brand with a series of vitamins for women and drink powders for their wellness. 'Make Time Wellness' goes by the tagline 'Wellness products for busy women'. She shared that while her husband's present condition is painful for her as she also takes care of him, she is grateful that understanding its impact has helped her raise awareness about dementia and also help others take early action through the brand she has created.

"For me, it's really about connecting to a community and being open and able to talk about dementia and to take away that stigma that there is no shame around it. I'm learning through the process," she said.

"I'm able to call an expert and speak to some of the most incredible doctors. So I guess I have a new purpose, and I'm so excited that I'm able to share what I'm learning with everyone. It's like a fire's been lit. It's my new purpose and here I am. I hate that it's me. I wish it wasn't, but you know what? I'm not going to be quiet. I am going to use my voice and through action, awareness, and conversation, that creates change," Emma added.

Tags news epcelebs