Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Jeopardy!' fans unhappy with new trivia video game due to monthly fee: 'Not willing to pay $10'

2023-07-12 13:21
The trivia game was developed by Volley and is available for purchase on Roku devices
'Jeopardy!' fans unhappy with new trivia video game due to monthly fee: 'Not willing to pay $10'

CULVER CITY, CALIFORNIA: 'Jeopardy!' knows how to keep the fun going for their trivia-loving fans as they have decided to bring the game to their homes. The game show recently revealed that it will be releasing a new video game through which the players will be able to enjoy the experience of being behind the podiums of The Alex Trebek Stage.

While this should make the fans excited, many of them are not happy with the payment required to get access to the game, which was developed by Volley. They have shared that they are not willing to pay the monthly amount regardless of how fun the game might seem.

'Jeopardy!' releases voice-enabled video game

Roku, a company that develops hardware for digital media players, recently announced that they will be coming out with a 'Jeopardy!' video game. This will be through the Volley app which is a platform that is known for its voice-based communication features. The trivia game will also be utilizing this feature as the players will be able to respond to the clues by speaking, just like the real contestants on stage.

Currently, as a new app, Volley only has this game available while the others are reported to be under development. After exhausting a 7-day free trial, the players can use the app to play the game by paying the subscription fee, which is a whopping $9.99 per month.

Fans are excited but also disappointed

The fans of the trivia game are happy that they can finally share their answers on the screen without getting frustrated over the actual players missing out on them. But many remain disappointed with the service as the fee of almost $10 is making the game seem not worth it.

In a Reddit thread, the fans discussed the release of the game. One questioned, "They expect people to pay $10/month for this?" to which another user responded, "That’s where they lost me. I got really excited about and then they dropped that bomb. No thanks." Another fan added, "The only way they could possibly get away with charging a monthly fee is if they also package in Family Feud, Wheel of Fortune, Price is Right, etc and turn it into some kind of voice enabled game show platform. Because nobody's going to pay a monthly fee for a single game that they can play for free on their phones."

Another user, who seemed to be hinting that they worked for the app, responded on the thread with, "No, you see you're paying $10/month for the entire catalog of the Volley app! Yes, the entire catalog is currently just Jeopardy, but we're going to release more soon! No, you can't know what they are or when they'll be available. Just trust us, it'll be great."

Other fans also suggested that 'Jeopardy!' be released on a streaming platform. One such fan said, "One of my gripes about the new streaming paradigm is that Jeopardy! Hasn’t landed on a service that releases their shows daily, yet. I’m not willing to pay $10 for just Jeopardy! But I am willing to pay for a streaming package (Netflix or whatever) that has Jeopardy! in it." Another reasoned with them saying, "Jeopardy is a syndicated daily show, the moment it goes on streaming and a back catalog is available, it devalues the existing deals they have with local networks, so it's not going to happen anytime soon."