Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Is Bergie related to any producer? 'Love Island USA' Season 5 star's aunt reflects on speculations: 'He’s been a fan'

2023-07-20 14:53
Some viewers didn't want Carsten 'Bergie' Bergersen to be on the show and accused him of somehow being related to the producers
Is Bergie related to any producer? 'Love Island USA' Season 5 star's aunt reflects on speculations: 'He’s been a fan'

FIJI, OCEANIA: 'Love Island USA' Season 5 kicked off with five male participants that made their entrance in the first episode of season 5. But Carsten 'Bergie' Bergersen was the one to enter last. All the female participants were given a choice to show who they would prefer to partner with as the men made their way into the show.

However, with every new entry, they could choose the latest one instead. Meanwhile, in Bergie's case, none of the five present women decided to stand beside him. Out of five possible votes, Anna and Bergie received four votes, with them also nominating themselves as the least compatible of all. However, it was then revealed that one of them would be leaving the competition, and the decision rested on them. Bergie ultimately decided to exit, stating he would have become guilt-ridden had it been the other way around. His gesture earned him many praises for his "gentlemanly" behavior.

Carsten 'Bergie' Bergersen's dramatic re-entry to the villa

Just after Bergie got eliminated in the premiere episode and packed his bags to leave the villa, he received a text saying everyone deserved a second chance. Bergie then made a dramatic return in the second episode. He entered the Hideaway to see two new bombshells Hannah and Carmen in the hot tub waiting for him. Meanwhile, some viewers didn't want him to be on the show and accused Bergie is somehow related to the producers. A social media user tweeted, "Bergie on Love Island can’t be real casting! Either he has to be some producers kid and got on because of that. Or he’s really an actor that’s pretending to be nice and was cast to show the world how nice guys DO finish last!"

Another viewer noted, "Y'all please don’t drag me but Bergie just gives me the vibe that he’s one of the producers son and they’re scared that he’s never going to have a girlfriend so they made sure that he was a cast member on the season." Another critic added, "AMERICAN AMERICAN WAKE IT UP GET BERGIE OUT OF THE HOUSE OR ELSE HE WILL WIN THIS SEASON. APPARENTLY HIS UNCLE WORKS WITH PRODUCERS."

Another person wrote, "One of the producers of this show probably owed Bergie's parents a favor, but f**k it, I'm rooting for the dude anyway." Another Twitter user penned, "Damn the producers really put their son on here.. That’s wild. Bergie should’ve just kept walking and ignored the text. He don’t need to be on a show like this."

Carsten 'Bergie' Bergersen's aunt claps back at his trolls

After 'Love Island USA' Season 5 viewers speculated that Bergie has an internal source on the show, his aunt reflects on the truth. Bergie's aunt is his social media manager and shared a shirtless photo of him on his Instagram. Alongside the photo, she noted, "Bergie is not available… I mean on his DM - This is his aunt and I’m posting for him but he doesn’t have access to his phone or social media while he’s filming @loveislandusa in Fidji."

She further noted, "I’m not opening his DMs because that’s for him to do when he gets back - if he’s not answering you that’s why 😉." Bergie's aunt clarified in the caption, "Let me also take a moment to tell you a secret: none of us is related to any of the producers (or anyone) in the show." She added, "Bergie decided to audition for the show on his own - he’s been a fan and watched all previous seasons. We’re happy our small town/ big heart boy is having the time of his life regardless of how long he’s there ☺️❤️."