Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Has Bronny James recovered? LeBron James breaks silence after 18-year-old son suffers cardiac arrest, says 'he's no longer in ICU'

2023-07-28 03:55
Bronny James, who is entering his freshman year at USC, suffered a cardiac arrest at the Galen Center where basketball workouts take place
Has Bronny James recovered? LeBron James breaks silence after 18-year-old son suffers cardiac arrest, says 'he's no longer in ICU'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Days after LeBron James' son Bronny suffered a cardiac arrest during basketball practice at USC, the Lakers superstar has now spoken about his son's health condition. He was hospitalized on Monday, July 24.

On Thursday, July 27, the 38-year-old basketball legend addressed the medical emergency in a tweet in which he said he and his family are doing great. Alongside his parents, sister Zhuri, eight, and Bryce, 16, the 18-year-old attended the 2023 ESPY Awards in Los Angeles two weeks before the cardiac arrest, according to Daily Mail.

Has Bronny James recovered?

On Tuesday, July 25, a spokesperson for the James family stated that "medical staff was able to treat Bronny and take him to the hospital," and added, "He is now in stable condition and no longer in ICU."

Talking about the support his son has been receiving, LeBron tweeted, "I want to thank the countless people sending my family love and prayers. We feel you and I’m so grateful. Everyone doing great. We have our family together, safe and healthy, and we feel your love. Will have more to say when we’re ready but I wanted to tell everyone how much your support has meant to all of us! #JamesGang."

What caused Bronny's cardiac arrest?

According to CNN, months before the cardiac arrest the six-foot-three combo guard had a cardiac screening as part of a program dedicated to prospective NBA players. The results of the screening came back normal. However, it remains unclear what caused Bronny's cardiac arrest on Tuesday.

The McDonald’s All-American and four-star recruit was unconscious before he was shifted to the hospital. In the 911 call audio obtained by TMZ, Bronny who is entering his freshman year at USC suffered a cardiac arrest at the Galen Center where basketball workouts take place.

In the wake of Bronny's health issue, his parents LeBron and Savannah asked the public for privacy. "LeBron and Savannah wish to publicly send their deepest thanks and appreciation to the USC medical and athletic staff for their incredible work and dedication to the safety of their athletes," read their family statement. "We ask for respect and privacy for the James family and we will update the media when there is more information," the statement said, according to Daily Mail. The teenager who turns 19 in October has not yet publicly addressed his health situation.