Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'AGT' Season 18 judges slammed for turning down singer Dev the Devil, fans say 'he wasn't even bad'

2023-08-02 10:45
The judges and fans of 'AGT' were taken aback on Tuesday night's broadcast when the devil himself appeared on stage
'AGT' Season 18 judges slammed for turning down singer Dev the Devil, fans say 'he wasn't even bad'

PASADENA, CALIFORNIA: After a brief hiatus last week for a special episode of 'America's Got Talent,' in which judge Simon Cowell and host Terry Crews discussed Simon's 16 most memorable auditions, the show returned to regular programming on August 1. Fifteen artists approached the stage in the hopes of obtaining a yes from Simon, Howie Mandel, Heidi Klum, and Sofia Vergara, so they could advance to the next round of the competition. This week's 'AGT' performances included a former rodeo queen/country singer, a singing dog, cat, and horse, an aerialist with the most motivating desire, a band that blew the judges' socks off, and a comedic trio that wanted to unveil their true selves to the judges. Dev, a vocalist who appeared as the Devil in Series 14 of 'Britain's Got Talent,' also made a return.

The judges and fans of 'AGT' were taken aback on Tuesday night's broadcast when the devil himself appeared on stage. The apprehensive gathering was welcomed by a performer costumed as the scary Devil, complete with red body paint, horns, and prosthetics on his face.

Dev was booed by in-house audience

Dev was dressed as the devil. As soon as he reached the stage, the fans booed him. He sang 'I Would Do Anything for Love,' and he's a good vocalist. But, till the very end, the crowd despised him. Dev participated in Season 14 (2020) of 'BGT' when he surprised the judges and audience with an angelic rock voice performing Queen's 'I Want to Break Free'. He passed the audition, but did not advance to the semi-finals.

Sofia and Simon were quick to say no. So it’s a no for the Devil.

Fans react

Fans took to Twitter when the judges rejected a musician costumed as Satan, saying they didn't mind his singing. One person tweeted, "I don't think people should boo a guy because he's dressed as a devil." Another person noted, "If he would have just come out and done an audition, without the devil thing, he probably would have gotten through." Others sighed, "The devil wasn't even bad wtf." A fourth fan tweeted, "The audience is of course booing the devil but the devil has a great singing voice."

A fan also tweeted, "Umm...he's not actually that bad of a singer?" One also remarked, "Satans Got Talent?" Another fan wrote, "I already like Dev." Others tweeted, "WAIT he’s a great singer and now you’re booing him ????"

'America's Got Talent' Season 18 airs every Tuesday on NBC at 8 PM ET.