Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Jon Bon Jovi says he's committed to ‘philanthropic work' after being named 2024 MusiCares Person of the Year

2023-10-20 09:27
Jon Bon Jovi, 61, is the 33rd recipient of the MusiCares Person of the Year award
Jon Bon Jovi says he's committed to ‘philanthropic work' after being named 2024 MusiCares Person of the Year

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Jon Bon Jovi has been chosen for the prestigious 2024 MusiCares’ Person of the Year award.

The Grammy winner released a statement after winning the announcement, thanking the event body.

“I’m truly humbled to be this year’s MusiCares honoree. MusiCares’ work with music professionals is vitally important in creating much needed support and wellness programs that cultivate a healthier and more vibrant community for us all,” Jon Bon Jovi said.

Why was Jon Bon Jovi picked as MusiCares Person of the Year

Jon Bon Jovi was picked for the award for his musical achievements and philanthropic work.

This includes his Jon Bon Jovi Soul Foundation, which was formed in 2006 to end the cycle of hunger, poverty, and homelessness.

“Philanthropic work has been a cornerstone of my life and has always run in tandem to my music career and achievements,” he continued.

“Nearly two decades ago when I formed the JBJ Soul Foundation and JBJ Soul Kitchens, I saw firsthand and continue to see today the impact of charitable community-based work. I know this for sure: helping one’s community is helping one’s self,” he said.

Jon Bon Jovi became the 33rd person to receive the honor. To name a few other artists, whom the ‘Always’ singer will join are Aretha Franklin, Dolly Parton, Tony Bennett, Quincy Jones, Lionel Richie, Fleetwood Mac, Joni Mitchell, Bruce Springsteen, Bob Dylan, and Carole King.

The money generated from the event will provide essential support for MusiCares. This is a charity that works for the health and human services of music professionals, as per The Hollywood Reporter.

It covers a wide range from physical and mental health aid to ‘addiction recovery, preventive clinic support, unforeseen personal emergencies and disaster relief.’

The 61-year-old has one Grammy Award to his name and 11 nominations in all. Moreover, his band Bon Jovi has registered 10 Top 10 hits on the Billboard Hot 100. This also comprises his number 1 hits like 'Livin’ On a Prayer,' 'You Give Love a Bad Name,' 'Bad Medicine' and 'I’ll Be There for You.'

The music body made the announcement on Thursday, October 19, that artists will give live performances at the Los Angeles Convention Center on February 2, 2024, to honor him.

It will be a two-day event just before the Grammys air live from Crypto.com Arena. The names of the artists will be announced soon.

Tags news