Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Not all heroes wear capes': Lena Dunham 'salutes' nurses in thank you note on her 37th birthday after National Nurses Week

2023-05-14 12:48
Lena Dunham's latest recognition of nurses comes after Hoda Kotb's celebration of National Nurses Week
'Not all heroes wear capes': Lena Dunham 'salutes' nurses in thank you note on her 37th birthday after National Nurses Week

Lena Dunham applauded healthcare professionals as she turned 37. The creator, writer, and star of the HBO series 'Girls' wrote a thank-you letter to nurses in honor of her birthday on Saturday, May 13, 2023. Dunham's latest recognition of nurses comes after Hoda Kotb's celebration of National Nurses Week.

"Today — on my 37th birthday — I salute you," posted Dunham on Instagram, adding, "I wouldn't be here, basking in the pleasures of being alive, if not for the wisdom, ferocity and impossible sacrifice of nurses everywhere. Not all heroes wear capes — in fact, some wear clogs." "Thank you for every blood pressure check, perfectly timed joke and cup of juice. We are so lucky to have you," she ended the post.

READ MORE

'Today' show fans shocked after hosts Savannah Guthrie and Hoda Kotb go missing as familiar stand-ins take over

'What about your personal stuff?': J Lo delivers epic putdown to Hoda Kotb probing of Ben Affleck

'Dear nurses, thank you'

Dunham wrote in the post, "#DearNurses THANK YOU 🙏#WithLove, Lena." She later nominated three people "to write and share your own #DearNurses letter of appreciation."

'Nurses First'

The post received positive reactions from Dunham's friends and followers. A user wrote, "A more genuine thanks that any hospital I’ve ever worked for 😍👏." One said, "Thank you for the acknowledgment Lena on behalf of the nurses who served you and the nurses who came into the profession wanting to help people and feeling utterly lost because it was nothing like they thought it would be and life is an every day struggle x."

One user remarked that the post didn't detail much about the healthcare workers and wrote, "Nurses do a lot more than check bp, give juice and tell jokes. This post soooooo ignores the skills and training of nurses." Another user claimed, "Oh Lena! I feel the same after every surgery that I’ve (it have been 8 until today) and reading this post my heart was with you and everyone that makes my life possible 😍🔥"

"Nurses First," wrote one user. Another user believed to be a healthcare worker commented, "Thank you Lena! So happy to be recognized!" "Thanks for recognizing us❤️," said another user.

What is Lena Dunham's net worth?

Dunham, an American filmmaker, and actress, is reported to have a net worth of $12 million. She is best known as the writer and director of the independent film 'Tiny Furniture', which was released in 2010. She also produced and stars in the HBO TV series 'Girls'. Her appearance on Girls earned her a Golden Globe nomination twice. She has received eight Emmy Award nominations to date, as per The Richest.