Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Did Sinead O’Connor finish her final album? Producer David Holmes says late singer's last work is 'emotional and really personal'

2023-07-30 20:24
Sinead O'Connor's management company, 67 Management, revealed that she had been actively working on completing her new album
Did Sinead O’Connor finish her final album? Producer David Holmes says late singer's last work is 'emotional and really personal'

LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM: Irish music icon Sinead O'Connor died at the age of 56 on July 26. It appears the legend left behind an incomplete legacy as she had exciting plans for her fans. On July 11, a mere two weeks before she was found unresponsive in her new London residence, Sinead announced that she was working on completing her album titled ‘No Veteran Dies Alone’. The album has been in the making for around five years and would have marked her first release since 'I’m Not Bossy, I’m the Boss' in 2014.

The album, which is described as "emotional and really personal," consists of eight tracks. Sinead was on the verge of completing it, with just one more song left to finalize, according to her producer, David Holmes, as reported by Rolling Stone.

‘Non-judgmental and incredibly approachable’

In 2018, David Holmes was among the guests at Shane MacGowan's 60th birthday celebration concert. The event featured performances by renowned artists like The Pogues, Bono, Nick Cave, and Bobby Gillespie, all paying tribute to Shane. However, it was Sinead O'Connor who truly stole the show with her exceptional performance, impressing everyone with her talent and presence.

After the concert, David Holmes, a Belfast DJ, producer, and composer with an impressive track record of collaborating with artists like Noel Gallagher and Oscar-winning director Steven Soderbergh, had the opportunity to meet Sinead O'Connor. During their encounter, he seized the moment to propose the idea of working together on an album centered around the theme of healing. "She never even questioned me,” Holmes said. “She didn’t have a clue about anything I’ve ever done before but that’s so Sinead. Just so non-judgmental and incredibly approachable."

Sinead wanted memoir made into movie

Sinead O'Connor's management company, 67 Management, revealed that she had been actively working on "completing her new album" before her death. Additionally, she was in the process of reviewing tour dates for the upcoming year, indicating her plans for live performances in the future. Moreover, Sinead was contemplating the possibility of adapting her memoir into a movie.

67 Management's message read, “As tribute to those who were part of Sinead’s team over our tenure it has to be mentioned that Sinead was completing her new album, reviewing new tour dates for 2024 and considering opportunities in relation to a movie of her book."