Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'It's not going to work out': Internet shakes its head at 'The Office' reboot rumors as WGA strike ends

2023-09-25 22:50
The internet expressed disapproval as rumors of 'The Office' reboot surfaced following the resolution of the writers' strike
'It's not going to work out': Internet shakes its head at 'The Office' reboot rumors as WGA strike ends

LOS ANGELES, CALIRFORNIA: As Hollywood writers' strike approaches its conclusion, reports are buzzing with news of beloved series 'The Office US' potentially making a comeback.

The Writers Guild of America (WGA) recently unveiled a "tentative agreement" reached with studios and streaming giants concerning the terms of their engagement.

Pending the vote by the guild's board and members, the strike, which spanned over four months since its inception in May, is poised to officially draw to a close.

The WGA acknowledges solidarity and support as strike nears end

The WGA expressed its gratitude to its members and fellow unions for their unwavering support throughout the 146-day picketing.

“[The] WGA has reached a tentative agreement with the AMPTP. This was made possible by the enduring solidarity of WGA members and extraordinary support of our union siblings who joined us on the picket lines for over 146 days,” they said.

This announcement has sent ripples across the entertainment industry, sparking discussions about the implications of the strike's end on Hollywood productions.

Is 'The Office US' reboot happening?

The US version of 'The Office', a wildly popular remake of the original UK sitcom, originally graced our screens for a substantial nine-season run, spanning from 2005 to 2013.

Set in the mundane yet hilarious world of a fictional paper and stationery company in Scranton, Pennsylvania, the series was led by the incomparable Steve Carell during its initial seven seasons.

Carell portrayed the socially awkward yet endearing boss, Michael Scott, a character that became synonymous with the show's identity.

The ensemble cast included memorable figures like Jim Halpert, played by John Krasinski, receptionist Pam Beesly portrayed by Jenna Fischer, and the eccentric office disciplinarian Dwight Schrute, brought to life by Rainn Wilson.

“I can’t tell whether fans would want more of it, and when I say more of it, I don’t think it would be the same characters,” Greg Daniels, The Office US’s creator, said earlier.

“I think it would just be sort of like an extension of the universe, you know what I mean, like the way [The] Mandalorian is like an extension of Star Wars. But I don’t know if that would be something people would want or not, it’s hard to tell.”

Uncertainty surrounding 'The Office' revival

While fans are understandably eager for the series to return to their screens, there remains an air of uncertainty surrounding its potential revival.

In a piece published on Puck News, authors Matthew Belloni and Jonathan Handel engaged in speculation regarding the forthcoming developments in the entertainment sector.

Within their discussions of various project updates, they asserted that Greg Daniels, the mastermind behind 'The Office US', was contemplating a reboot of the show.

“Greg Daniels is set to do a reboot of The Office, for instance,” they wrote. “Disney’s Dana Walden will finally be able to announce the return of her BFF Ryan Murphy from Netflix. A ton of high-profile movie scripts will come in. The industry will chug back to normal.”

Internet expresses disapproval over 'The Office' reboot

The internet expressed disapproval as rumors of 'The Office' revival surfaced following the resolution of the writers' strike.

"It's not going to work out. They will not have the original cast, there will be no Michael and most of the jokes they made back then would not fly by today, so what we will have is a watered down new age trash attempt at a masterpiece and it will fail miserably," a user commented.

Another user wrote, "Me trying to find the exit to the office after an internal company-wide email goes round asking who has been stealing all the office stationary".

"“The Office” is one of my favorite tv shows and that least season was shaky as hell. we don’t need a reboot, just let the classic live on," one user said.

"This isnt even just about the office btw like all it takes is one person to get enough likes on here or tiktok for our generation’s hive mind chip to activate and switch over to one side," another said.