Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Internet showers Netflix show 'Fauda' stars with praise as they join frontline duty to defend Israel against Hamas

2023-10-14 22:29
'Our hearts are with you! God bless you and Israel,' tweeted a fan
Internet showers Netflix show 'Fauda' stars with praise as they join frontline duty to defend Israel against Hamas

JERUSALEM, ISRAEL: In the face of recent Hamas attacks on Israel, many Israeli actors have transitioned from portraying soldiers on screen to joining real-life frontline duty.

Lior Raz, renowned for his role as Officer Doron Kabilio in 'Fauda', is not only an actor but also a producer of the series. He was part of an elite Israeli special forces unit in the past and has now joined the struggle in Sderot, a southern Israeli city that bore the brunt of Hamas rocket attacks.

Actors from Netflix's 'Fauda' join 'Brothers in Arms' against Hamas

Alongside series co-creator Avi Issacharov and Yohanan Plesner, the head of the Israeli Democracy Institute, Raz has lent his support to the 'Brothers in Arms' movement, which opposes Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's judicial reform policies.

The death toll continues to rise, with Israel responding to the attacks with airstrikes on Gaza, following a promise of "mighty vengeance" from Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

As of now, Israel has issued an order for all Palestinians in Gaza to evacuate to the southern part of the strip within 24 hours, signaling preparations for a possible incursion into Gaza Strip.

The Palestinian death toll has climbed to approximately 1,400 people, with Israeli casualties reaching around 1,200, both attributed to the ongoing hostilities.

Thousands of Israeli soldiers have amassed at the Gaza Strip border, where essential resources such as electricity, water, and food supplies have been disrupted.

Raz shared his journey to the frontline on X (formerly Twitter), detailing his mission to join the brave volunteers of 'Brothers in Arms.'

This dedication to the nation has not been unique to Raz; other actors from the 'Fauda' series, including Tomer Capone, Yaakov Zada Daniel, Tzachi Halevi, and Idan Amedi, have also answered the call to duty.

Ted Sarandos, the co-CEO of Netflix, expressed condolences for the loss of sound editor Lior Waitzman, who worked on 'Fauda' and 'Tehran.'

What was the plot of 'Fauda'?

The plot of "'Fauda,' (Arabic for 'Chaos') depicts the two-sided story of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict," as per IMDb. The third season's finale, involving the kidnapping of two Israeli boys taken to Gaza, eerily mirrors current events.

In the wake of the Hamas attack, the entire Israeli film and TV industry has mobilized. Cinemas are closed, and film and TV series productions, including 'Fauda', have been halted on orders from the Israel Defense Forces.

As the conflict continues to unfold, the entertainment industry is adapting to an uncertain future.

The Haifa International Film Festival was interrupted, and Israeli participants in international film festivals were unable to attend.

Internet users applaud actors' courage

A user stated, "You have my utmost respect. I pray for you, your families, your children." Another stated, "I pray to God almost daily since 9/11, that if ever I find myself in a situation such as this I will be able to Face Everything And Rise. God bless you all. Thank you for setting the example. So sorry you even have to. Shalom."

A third added, "Wow Doron Or Saggi, these guys are true heroes. God Bless the state of #Israel for such brave hearts." A user praised, "Also a hero in the real life."

"God Bless you all," read a tweet. Another chimed, "May HaShem protect you all. Thank you for your service. Go get them!"

"Our hearts are with you! God bless you and Israel," read another tweet.

Tags news