Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Madonna honored with Royal Standard flag ahead of Celebration Tour, Internet calls her a 'living legend'

2023-10-15 17:56
Madonna kicked off her Celebration Tour on October 14, 2023, at the O2 Arena in Londonas the opening night of the tour featured a two-hour-plus show
Madonna honored with Royal Standard flag ahead of Celebration Tour, Internet calls her a 'living legend'

LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM: Ahead of her Celebration Tour kicking off in London, the Queen of Pop, Madonna, has been honored with her own Royal Standard flag.

The British royal family's flag makers, Flying Colours Flagmakers, created the Madonna-themed flag. The giant flag will stay up on the venue on all days of her performance.

With a red and gold design, the flag has an image of Madonna from her 1986 'True Blue' album cover. Fans can take photos with a second version of the flag that will be placed at the stadium on Level 1 concourse of all her shows.

Madonna kicks off her Celebration Tour

The 65-year-old pop star kicked off her twelfth concert tour, the Celebration Tour, on October 14 at the O2 Arena in London.

On the tour's opening night, she gave a two-hour-plus show, including two or three surprise songs along with her smashing hits. She also addressed her hospital stay in June caused by a "serious bacterial infection."

"I didn't think I was going to make it," she recalled about those days. "I forgot five days of my life — or death, I didn't really know where I was."

Madonna's Celebration Tour as biggest UK event in pop music

"It is such an incredible honor to have been involved in the making of this unique Royal Standard flag for Madonna. She is true pop royalty. We've been manufacturing flags for the Royal Family for over 20 years, but we've never made a flag quite like this. To have it fly above The O2 every time she takes to the stage for 'The Celebration Tour' shows will be really something," said Chris Taylor, Head of Marketing at Flying Colours.

Steve Sayer, Vice President and General Manager at The O2, also showed his excitement: "The arrival of Madonna and 'The Celebration Tour' in London is arguably the biggest UK event in pop music this year."

Internet users react

Madonna fandom has been showering praises on the Queen of Pop.

A user tweeted she is "A living legend."

Several other users also called her a legend.

One user stated, "Oh madonna the living legend you are," while another user said, "Tru legend."

A user referred to her as "The queeen."

Another user who could not contain her excitement tweeted, "Madonna's 'Celebration Tour' just got regal! Can't wait to see the Queen of Pop in action."

"She deserves it!" said one user.

"Her own flag, this is classic Madonna," tweeted another fan.

One fan stated, "That's what happens when you're the most successful and impactful woman in music."

Tags news