Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Not something to joke about': Internet chides Tiffany Haddish for poking fun at her DUI arrest right after getting out

2023-11-27 19:48
Tiffany Hadish mentioned her recent DUI arrest during her stand-up routine and netizens do not find it funny
'Not something to joke about': Internet chides Tiffany Haddish for poking fun at her DUI arrest right after getting out

LONG BEACH, CALIFORNIA: Tiffany Hadish addressed her DUI arrest at a stand-up show at the Laugh Factory in Long Beach on November 24.

The 43-year-old comedian had been arrested the previous night by the Beverly Hills Police Department and was facing a DUI charge after allegedly falling asleep behind the wheel of a car, confirmed People.

In a recording taken by an audience member at her pre-scheduled show later that day, obtained by TMZ, Hadish was heard being asked about what went down "last night."

"You tell me," the comedian slyly replied, before spinning the fact into a punchline.

"I had prayed to God to send me a man with a job, career, preferably in a uniform, and I answered my prayers,” she stated to much amusement of the crowd, as per the recording.

The BHPD stated that they received a call around 5.45 am local time about a woman who was behind the wheel of a stationary vehicle in the middle of Beverly Drive with the engine still running. The comedian was taken into custody and released the very same day.

Hadish had performed at a community event at The Laugh Factory in West Hollywood, as part of the venue’s 43rd annual free Thanksgiving feast on the night of November 23.

Tiffany Hadish has been previously arrested for suspected DUI

Back in January 2022, Hadish was arrested in Georgia for a suspected DUI and "improper stopping on a roadway." Officials responded after getting a report about a driver who had allegedly fallen asleep at the wheel on Highway 74 at around 2.30 am local time.

At the time, law enforcement officials had told People, "Subsequent investigation led to Ms. Tiffany Haddish being arrested for Driving Under the Influence. She was transported to the Fayette County Jail without incident."

The comedian is due in court on December 4 for the case related to her most recent arrest on November 24.

Internet reacts to Tiffany Hadish's joke

Netizens are not laughing at the Hadish's clever quip about her arrest, and the following tweets demonstrate their take on the punchline.

"Not something to joke about she could have killed someone," read a post on X.

"Driving under the influence is not a joking matter. People could have been killed or get hurt. She did not learn her lesson, if she joking about it. The gig should have been canceled," stated another.

"Nothing funny about driving intoxicated," wrote a user.

"DUI jokes will never be funny, especially when it’s your second dui in a year… fix your bullshit," echoed a second.

"It’s only funny when she knows she’ll get away with it…" said a third.

Tags news