Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who owns Perfect Nails? DDG and Chloe Bailey face backlash after salon owner they blamed gets threats for being 'racist'

2023-11-24 21:54
DDG and Chloe Bailey are slammed for calling Perfect Nails 'racist' and complaining about service
Who owns Perfect Nails? DDG and Chloe Bailey face backlash after salon owner they blamed gets threats for being 'racist'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Rapper DDG and singer Chloe Bailey are facing severe online backlash after claiming the Perfect Nails in Los Angeles owned by Leyla is "racist" and complained of bad service.

The nail salon made headlines when singer and actress Halle Bailey was allegedly kicked out by an employee as her sister, Chloe Bailey, was late for her appointment.

On November 22, Halle detailed her bad experience at the salon in an Instagram video. She informed the salon employee that her sister Chloe would be late for her appointment, and they later got into an argument over this.

She said the employer treated her rudely despite being a loyal customer for weeks. Both the sisters subsequently left the salon.

DDG blew the issue out of proportion

Halle's YouTuber boyfriend DDG responded to the issue in now deleted X post. "This place is racist towards black people," he wrote. "They kicked my girlfriend out while doing her nails...please give them a 1 star.. they don't deserve business."

The issue got unnecessary coverage due to DDG's "racist" comment because Halle did not mention anything like that in her video.

Later, Halle attempted to clear the air, commenting under @theshaderoom's Instagram post, "Y'all it was not that serious, and I was just explaining my day on Snapchat and did not name any names… Everyone be nice to everyone and calm down about some nails please."

Perfect Nails owner explained her side of the story

DDG's X post has affected the salon's Yelp ratings, forcing the owner, Leyla, to post an emotional video on social media explaining her side.

The visibly pregnant nail technician said that Halle was late by 15-20 minutes, and Chloe did not arrive even after 35 minutes.

She had to cancel their appointments as the salon was fully booked for the day.

She denied the racism allegations and said she was "really scared" for her business due to the sudden bad reviews and the violent threats.

Internet slams DDG and Chloe Bailey

Social media is annoyed with DDG for unnecessarily bowing up to the issue and the Bailey sisters, especially Chloe, for not being punctual.

One user wrote, "It's stupid to be mad that you're late so your appointment was canceled.. doesn't matter how many people you bring to the nail shop if you're late you're late."

Another user said, "DDG is wrong for doxxing that business. Esp when it didnt even happen to him. She had a bad experience. Take your money elsewhere and move on. Irresponsible with him platform in this moment."

"The nail owner should actually sue DDG for this," said a user.

One user noted, "A place being empty doesn't mean appointments aren't showing up. Late is late. Imagine not getting your nails done because a celebrity has poor time management and took your appointment time??? Me?? I would've thrown a fit."

Another user stated, "How is the nail tech racist? Policy is policy, whether you a celebrity or not."

"To me ddg blew it up outta proportion when it didn't need to be," said one user.

A user noted, "DDG foul for twisting the narrative tho , he could've worded it differently."

Tags news