Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Chiefs coach Andy Reid says he's ‘glad’ Taylor Swift is here as he jokes about setting her and Travis Kelce up

2023-10-19 05:16
'I knew her from Philadelphia; her dad was a big NFL fan, so I had met her when she was real young,' Andy Reid said referring to Taylor Swift
Chiefs coach Andy Reid says he's ‘glad’ Taylor Swift is here as he jokes about setting her and Travis Kelce up

BERGEN, NEW JERSEY: Kansas City Chiefs head coach Andy Reid has apparently approved the relationship between his tight end Travis Kelce and singer Taylor Swift.

Reid, who knew Swift from Philadelphia, joked that he arranged their romance.

Chiefs head coach Andy Reid says he knew Taylor Swift since she was young

He revealed knowing Swift and her father, a big NFL fan when she was young.

“I knew her from Philadelphia; her dad was a big NFL fan, so I had met her when she was real young, and her dad,” Reid said on Outkick’s 'The Five Spot.'

“I joked about setting Kelce up, and, you know, I’m just saying!” he added.

Reid also praised Swift as “a good girl” who is “into it” and said, “we’re glad she’s here.”

Taylor Swift is a Philadelphia Eagles fan

Swift, who grew up near Readin, Penn, as per People, is a Philadelphia Eagles fan after writing a lyric about an Eagles t-shirt in her song 'Gold Rush.'

Now, she has been rooting for the Chiefs since she began dating Kelce.

Swift attended her first Chiefs game on September 24 at Arrowhead Stadium and watched them defeat the Chicago Bears.

“I set them up,” Reid first told reporters about Kelyce and Swift after the game as Swift celebrated with Kelce’s mother Donna.

Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift often text and talk on the phone

People reported, citing sources, that Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift have been "texting and talking on the phone."

"...He knows what he signed up for with this attention, but they’ve spent time under the radar too. They’re giving things a real try,” the source added.

Donovan previously praised Kelce as a “smart team player” who stays focused on the “right things” and does it the “right way.”

He said, “Travis is a smart team player. He can handle it and has been very professional," adding "Our locker room has the maturity, leadership, and respect to handle it."

Fox Sports reported that the game on September 24, when Swift first appeared, was the week’s highest-rated telecast on any network with 24.3 million viewers.

The game also attracted more female viewers, aged between 12 to 49, than any other game that week, as per the network.

Travis Kelce denies pushing Taylor Swift's guard

In the latest 'New Heights' podcast on Wednesday, October 18, as Fox News reported, Travis and Jason Kelce joked about their father meeting Taylor Swift while also denying having pushed Taylor Swift's security guard.

"Pushing them out of the way?… I didn’t push him. I placed my hand on the gentleman’s back to let him know I was behind him. If I pushed him, he probably would’ve turned to taze me," he said.

"Taylor talking to Dad. You know dad, like I know dad," he said on the podcast, adding "This is a terrifying conversation. I felt terrible for Taylor for being in this."

Jason replied, "If you see dad talking to anybody and you can’t hear what’s happening, who knows where that conversation is going."

He said, "we can't keep kicking dad as, "our dad is the best f*****g dad in the world. He is a great converser or conversation..."

"We’re saying this because we like to rag on the big guy," Travis added.

Tags news