Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Harrison Ford tears up during 6-minute standing ovation for ‘Indiana Jones 5’, fans say 'well deserved'

2023-05-19 16:47
Harrison Ford received an honorary Palme d’Or for lifetime achievement at the Cannes Film Festival on Thursday, May 18
Harrison Ford tears up during 6-minute standing ovation for ‘Indiana Jones 5’, fans say 'well deserved'

CANNES, FRANCE: Harrison Ford, 80, was left teary-eyed at this year’s Cannes Film Festival as the audience gave him a six-minute standing ovation with claps and cheers after the debut of his fifth and last installment of the series, ‘Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny’, which is set to hit the theatres on June 30, 2023. The actor received an honorary Palme d’Or for lifetime achievement at the festival and fans couldn’t be more about it.

Prior to the ovation, Ford in an emotional speech said, “I’m very moved by this. They say when you’re about to die, you see your life flash before your eyes, and I just saw my life flash before my eyes. A great part of my life, but not all of my life. My life has been enabled by my lovely wife [Calista Flockhart], who has supported my passion and my dreams, and I’m grateful.” And then addressed the audience saying, "I love you, too. But I’ve got a movie you ought to see. It’s right behind me. So let me get out of the way, and thank you again for this great honor." as per Variety.

READ MORE

Harrison Ford goes suit shopping with daughter Georgia ahead of 'Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny' premiere

Harrison Ford, 80, looks dapper on stroll in West Hollywood amid news of role in 'Captain America' film

'Truly one of the greats of Hollywood'

Fans were quick to react. One of them wrote, "Wow! Well deserved. Congratulations, Harrison Ford." Another commented, "Truly one of the greats of Hollywood. What an actor. Simply awesome." One more tweeted, "He is a fantastic actor! I remember watching Raiders of the Lost Ark, and thinking this is the best movie I ever saw! (I was 10!) Decades later, I am still in ah of his talent! Bravo Sir, Bravo!" "A literal living legend," called another fan.

'That man deserves it all'

The praise continued with an individual writing, "I can’t! Named my firstborn Harrison. Enough said," while another said, "That man deserves it all. An absolute icon." One of many recollected the other parts of the series. One wrote, "Yess I can’t wait for the 5th/final installment adventure I remember 15 years ago at 14 years old seeing the Kingdom of the Crystal skull in theaters in 2008. But I think my favorite Indy film is 1984’s Temple of doom." On the other hand, many commented they got emotional too seeing Ford. A fan wrote, "Seeing him get emotional for getting praise for a role that he loves so dearly has me emotional too." Another commented, "I always see him as a harda** who doesn't need it, but it's nice to see that the love his fans feel for him trickles through sometimes."

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.

Tags news epcelebs