Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Kim Kardashian's 72-day husband Kris Humphries opens a fried chicken restaurant after career switch

2023-07-01 16:24
Kris Humphries posted on Instagram about the opening of Dave's Hot Chicken in Minnetonka, Minnesota, on June 30
Kim Kardashian's 72-day husband Kris Humphries opens a fried chicken restaurant after career switch

MINNETONKA, MINNESOTA: Kris Humphries, the former NBA player and Kim Kardashian's ex-husband, has changed careers and is now trying his hand in the fast food industry after retiring in 2019. He recently opened a fast food restaurant in Minnetonka with his family.

Humphries announced the opening of a Dave's Hot Chicken branch on Instagram on Sunday, June 30. The opening was attended by family and friends. He has been involved in various business ventures, including partnering with Crisp & Green and operating Five Guys restaurants in Minnesota and Wisconsin.

Speaking to Fox 9 about the opening of the franchise's first restaurant, Humphries said, "I’m familiar with the area and went to Hopkins High School, we used to come over to the mall a lot after school. So I thought it would be cool to do the first one near where I used to go to school."

Kris Humphries and Kim Kardashian's extremely brief marriage

Humphries and Kim got married in August 2011 but the reality TV star filed for divorce in October the same year, just 72 days later. Their divorce was finalized in 2013.

Post-divorce, Humphries seems to have stayed under the radar in his home in Minneapolis, Minnesota. He has since focused on various business endeavors and has successfully expanded his franchise restaurant portfolio, including a recent deal to open 10 new branches of Dave's Hot Chicken in the Twin Cities and surrounding areas.

Humphries had a 13-year career in the NBA, playing for the Utah Jazz, Toronto Raptors, Dallas Mavericks and Brooklyn Nets. Upon retiring, he entered the world of business. In 2018, he became a franchise partner for Crisp & Green, establishing multiple Five Guys restaurants across Minnesota and Wisconsin.

‘I’m gonna be known as the runaway bride forever’

Following the divorce, Kim married Kanye West in April 2012 and shared in December of that year that they were expecting their first child together. On the other hand, after his marriage to Kim ended, Humphries started dating Playboy model Neyleen Ashley.

In 2021, Kim candidly addressed her brief marriage to Humphries, revealing that she felt compelled to go through with it for the sake of the TV show. During a reunion episode of their former series, 'Keeping Up With The Kardashians', she openly admitted that she experienced a sense of pressure to proceed with the marriage, fearing that if she were to decline, she would disappoint everyone involved. “I was going to let everyone down, if I leave, I’m gonna be known as the runaway bride forever, and it’s gonna be a huge joke and I think I just have I had cold feet," she claimed.