Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Inside Evan Ellingson's troubled life: A look at former child star's addiction battle and his older brother's drug overdose

2023-11-08 18:19
While a drug overdose is suspected, toxicology test results are awaited to determine the exact cause of Evan Ellingson's death
Inside Evan Ellingson's troubled life: A look at former child star's addiction battle and his older brother's drug overdose

FONTANA, CALIFORNIA: Evan Ellingson, 35, known for his iconic role in 'My Sister's Keeper', was found dead in his bedroom at a sober living facility in Fontana, California, on Sunday, November 5.

His death is currently under investigation, and it might have been due to an overdose, as drug paraphernalia was found at the scene. Toxicology test results are awaited to determine the exact cause of death, as per Decider.

Sadly, his brother, Austin Ellingson, died of an apparent drug overdose in 2008 during the production of 'My Sister's Keeper'.

Evan Ellingson's struggle with addiction

Evan Ellingson had a long battle with drug addiction, but he was reportedly in recovery at the time of his death. His father mentioned that he had been "doing better" recently, and there were no signs of foul play.

His career began at a young age when he was discovered at a skate park at the age of 10. He quickly transitioned into acting, with his first role in the 2001 TV movie 'Living In Fear'.

Over the years, he appeared in various TV series and movies, including 'General Hospital', 'Complete Savages', and '24', where he portrayed Josh Bauer, the nephew of Kiefer Sutherland's character.

Evan's most prominent role came in 2009 when he starred in 'My Sister's Keeper' alongside Cameron Diaz, marking the pinnacle of his acting career.

Despite his early success, he seemingly dropped out of the Hollywood spotlight in 2010 and did not appear in any more major film or TV projects.

Evan's untimely death has left those who knew him in grief. Actress Abigail Breslin, who co-starred with him in 'My Sister's Keeper', paid an emotional tribute to him on Instagram, highlighting his dedication to his craft and the impact of his performances.

She described him as "a genuinely thoughtful person who cared so much about turning in the best performance, which he accomplished."

Evan Ellingson's brother Austin Ellingson was also a part of the entertainment industry

Evan Ellingson's brother, Austin Ellingson, was 22 when he died of a drug overdose in 2008, the same year 'The Sister's Keeper' actor would become father to his only daughter, Brooklynn Ellingson.

Austin, who appeared in the 2001 film 'Lay It Down' and portrayed the character Young Ben, died from an overdose of Oxycontin and Xanax. He was described by his mother as a "smart, popular, funny, outgoing kid who lived to make people smile and laugh."

In 2013, Evan paid tribute to his brother on the fifth anniversary of his passing by sharing a cherished childhood photo of the two of them. He accompanied the post with the caption, "#RIP #Austin #My #older #brother #Miss #u'."

Tags news