Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Dua Lipa drops Houdini and reveals rest of album is 'quite different'

2023-11-10 18:24
Dua Lipa has returned with her new single, 'Houdini', and teased what to expect from her upcoming album.
Dua Lipa drops Houdini and reveals rest of album is 'quite different'

Dua Lipa has teased that the other songs on her third studio album are "quite different" from 'Houdini'.

The 28-year-old pop star has switched up her 'Future Nostalgia' disco era for the psychedelic comeback single, out now, but has revealed the rest of the record is varied, though they all have that "psychedelic throughline".

She told iHeartRadio: “All other songs on the album are quite different, but they do have a very psychedelic throughline overall. ‘Houdini’ has so much electronic variety, but at same time it has a lot of interesting instrumentation and feels very organic as well…that’s something I really wanted to convey on the album.”

It was recently claimed that the 'Levitating' singer was to ditch her disco pop era in favour of music informed by "1970s-era psychedelia".

And she did that with the help of psychedelic act Tame Impala's Kevin Parker and a bunch of other co-writers, who have collaborated throughout her upcoming record.

Kevin and Danny L. Harle served as producers.

In a statement, Dua said of 'Houdini': “This track represents the most light and freeing parts of my singledom.

“’Houdini’ is very tongue in cheek, exploring the idea of whether someone is really worth my while or if I’ll ghost them in the end. You never know where something may take you, that’s the beauty of being open to whatever life throws your way. I’m looking forward to sharing that feeling of defiant bliss with my fans.”

On the process of the new record - the follow-up to 2020's 'Future Nostalgia' - she added: “A lot of this album was written in those joyous moments of absolute chaos and how I moved through the world with lightness and optimism of whatever the outcome may be."