Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Gary Wright dies at 80: 'Dream Weaver' singer and synth pioneer battled poor health for years

2023-09-05 09:17
'Dream Weaver' singer Gary Wright was suvived by his sons and wife Rose
Gary Wright dies at 80: 'Dream Weaver' singer and synth pioneer battled poor health for years

PALOS VERDES ESTATES, CALIFORNIA: Legendary singer Gary Wright died on Monday, September 4 after a several-year-long battle with Parkinson's and dementia. Gary's son, Justin, announced that his father died in his home in Palos Verdes Estates, California.

Gary,80, battled with Parkinson's for about five or six years before being diagnosed with dementia. 'Dream Weaver' singer's Parkinson's rapidly progressed over the last year, and he lost the ability to move or speak, according to TMZ.

The outlet also reported that the nurses who were working with Gary told the family he was entering his final chapter. The composer was surrounded by his family and loved ones at his time of death.

Gary is survived by his two sons, Dorian and Justin and his wife Mary Wright. Justin is a member of the band Intangible.

Stephen Bishop pays tribute to Gary Wright

Singer and songwriter Stephen Bishop shared a heartfelt tribute with photos of Gary on X, formerly known as Twitter. Stephen started his tribute with, "It is with great sadness that I received the news of my dear friend Gary Wright's passing."

Stephen continued, "The attached photos hold precious memories from the very first and last time we shared the stage together, alongside our mutual musical pal John Ford Coley. Gary's vibrant personality and exceptional talent made every moment together truly enjoyable."

The singer further added, "His legacy will live on for many years to come. I will always cherish the warmth and kindness shown to me by Gary and his wife Rose, and I will forever hold dear the stories he shared with me about days gone by.

Gary Wright played music with former Beatles member

Gary Wright has produced 12 albums and was involved in a number of collaborations and compilations. However, one notable partnership included former Beatles member George Harrison.

Gary quickly became a part of London's elite session musicians, playing keyboards on George Harrison's classic 'All Things Must Pass,' which also featured Eric Clapton, Ringo Starr, Phil Collins and other greats.

Gary began a continuing musical relationship with Harrison that embraced playing keyboards, as well as, co-writing several songs on George's subsequent albums. Together with Harrison, Gary also visited India in 1974 as a guest of Ravi Shankar.

Who is Gary Wright's wife Rose?

Rose Anthony Wright resides in Palos Verdes Estates, California. Rose was Gary's second wife and tied the knot in 1985.

Rose has kept most of her information private and dedicated her social media to her husband Gary's promotional posts. She often shares photos, videos and posters of Gary's music.

Who was 'Dream Weaver' singer Gary Wright?

Gary Wright was a musician and composer who grew popular in the mid and late 1970s. He wrote hits like 'Dream Weaver' and 'Love is Alive', both of which came out in 1976.

Gary can be credited for making the synthesizer a leading instrument in rock and pop music. More recently, he played with the group Ringo Starr & His All-Starr Band, whose members often change.

He was a former child actor and performed on Broadway in the hit musical Fanny before studying medicine and then psychology in New York and Berlin.