Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'He brought so much warmth and mischief': JK Rowling and 'Harry Potter' stars including Rupert Grint remember late actor Michael Gambon

2023-09-29 04:55
Bonnie Wright, who played Ginny Weasley, wrote on Instagram that she 'was forever in awe of Michael’s presence and performance'
'He brought so much warmth and mischief': JK Rowling and 'Harry Potter' stars including Rupert Grint remember late actor Michael Gambon

LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM: 'Harry Potter' author JK Rowling and several stars of the franchise, including Rupert Grint, paid tributes to late actor Michael Gambon. News of Gambon's death broke on Thursday, September 28.

Grint, 35, who played Ron Weasley, shared a picture of Gambon as Dumbledore, spreading his arms out in welcome to the Hogwarts students gathered in the Great Hall, writing, "So sad to hear about Michael."

"He brought so much warmth and mischief to every day on set. He captivated me as a kid and became a personal role model of mine for finding the fun and eccentricities in life," he continued. "Sending all my love to his family."

JK Rowling pays respect to Gambon

In her tribute to the beloved 'Harry Potter' alum, Rowling, 58, wrote on X that she had "just heard the awful news" and shared a story about "the first time I ever laid eyes on him," in a 1982 production of 'King Lear'.

"If you'd told me then that brilliant actor would appear in anything I'd written, I'd have thought you were insane," tweeted the author.

"Michael was a wonderful man in addition to being an outstanding actor, and I absolutely loved working with him, not only on Potter but also The Casual Vacancy. My deepest condolences go to Michael's family and everyone who loved him," she added.

The duo's tributes came after those from other 'Harry Potter' franchise stars including Jason Isaacs, James Phelps, Fiona Shaw, and Bonnie Wright.

'Harry Potter' stars' tributes for Michael Gambon

According to The Guardian, Shaw, who played Petunia Dursley in the series, told BBC Radio 4 that Gambon was “a brilliant, magnificent trickster” who “varied his career remarkably and never judged what he was doing, he just played."

"Magnificent Michael Gambon has died," tweeted Isaacs, 60. "I learned what acting could be from Michael in The Singing Detective — complex, vulnerable and utterly human."

"The greatest thrill of being in the Potter films was that he knew my name and shared his fearless, filthy sense of fun with me," added the actor, who appeared as the villainous Lucius Malfoy in the franchise.

Phelps, 37, who played Fred Weasley in the films, tweeted, "He was always very funny and very welcoming to share any knowledge he had."

Phelps shares how Gambon helped him

Gambon helped Phelps with preparations for another project he was working on with twin brother Oliver Phelps, who played George Weasley between setups for the "intense" clock-tower scene near the end of 2009's 'Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince'.

"So we spent what should have been his downtime going over my weekend gig," Phelps wrote. "It is a memory I've always had as one of the highlights of my HP days."

Bonnie Wright remembers late actor

Bonnie Wright, who played Ginny Weasley in all eight Potter films, wrote on Instagram that she "was forever in awe of Michael’s presence and performance."

"His deep mischievous voice between scenes would vibrate through the Great Hall," shared the actress, 32. "He was Dumbledore through and through a constant, warm and guiding figure. Rest in peace Michael. Sending love to your family ❤️"

Tags news