Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Fox News host Sean Hannity mocked for taking a dig at Joe Biden's response to Kevin McCarthy requesting his bank records

2023-09-03 13:53
Sean Hannity was unimpressed after Joe Biden laughed when reporters asked him about Kevin McCarthy's request to see his bank records
Fox News host Sean Hannity mocked for taking a dig at Joe Biden's response to Kevin McCarthy requesting his bank records

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: President Joe Biden made an appearance at the FEMA HQ on August 31, 2023, to address Hurricane Idalia. Biden was also asked about other pressing issues, including a statement by House Speaker Kevin McCarthy, who has asked for the POTUS' bank statements.

As reported by the New York Post, on August 8, McCarthy said he wanted Biden to “give us his bank statements”. This demand was made to “settle questions about whether he personally profited from his family's dealings in countries where he held sway as vice president.”

When asked about this matter at FEMA HQ, Biden couldn’t help but laugh and Fox News anchor Sean Hannity wasn’t thrilled by the President's response.

Sean Hannity addresses Joe Biden’s speech at FEMA

On X, Fox News anchor Sean Hannity wrote, “*NO LAUGHING MATTER*.” Along with that, he shared an article from his official website titled, “GIGGLIN' BIDEN: Joe Laughs Off McCarthy's Request for His Bank Records [WATCH].”

The article included a 33-second clip of Joe Biden at the FEMA HQ, where he attempts to answer questions from the reporters while trying to keep the focus on Hurricane Idalia and Florida. The article also read, “Does Joe not realize the trouble he’s in?”

In a transcription provided by C-SPAN, one reporter asked Biden, “Will you give your bank records to Congress, as Speaker McCarthy requests?” To this, Biden responded, “Do you - do you want me - (laughs). Let's talk about why I'm here.”

Internet demands to see Sean Hannity’s bank accounts

In response to Sean Hannity’s tweet about Joe Biden laughing at the FEMA HQ over a question about his bank statements, the social media users slammed the Fox News anchor and asked for Hannity’s bank records instead.

One social user asked, “Then why don’t you show us your bank records?” Another said, “Let's see your bank records, Sean boi.”

“Sean -- Could we get a gander at _your_ bank records? I'm not suggesting any impropriety on your part, but, you know, privacy? If there's any reason, I'm sure a warrant could be issued,” wrote one user.

Another user labeled Hannity a “crook” and said, “You are the biggest crook ever.”

One user also mentioned Donald Trump as they drew a comparison between him and Biden and asked, “Did Republicans ever ask Trump for his bank records, his tax returns? So, how is this different?” One person also wrote, “You guys are a joke, you have nothing.”