Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'It’s been a long and difficult road': Alec Baldwin thanks cast and crew of 'Rust' on occasion of film's wrap

2023-05-23 17:52
‘Rust’ was embroiled in controversy after an accident happened on set that led to Alec Baldwin unintentionally killing cinematographer Halyna Hutchins
'It’s been a long and difficult road': Alec Baldwin thanks cast and crew of 'Rust' on occasion of film's wrap

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Alec Baldwin has taken to his social media to mark a remarkable achievement as he finally wrapped up filming the Western drama ‘Rust’. The movie was embroiled in controversy after an accident happened on set killing the cinematographer Halyna Hutchins. While the ‘Beetlejuice’ actor was charged with ‘involuntary manslaughter, fans started criticizing his carelessness.

Since then the charges against him have been dropped and Baldwin resumed shooting for the film in the ranches of Montana. Now, the shooting of the fateful film has finally been completed and the 65-year-old actor took to his social media to mark the occasion.

READ MORE

‘A human life was lost’: Outrage over Alec Baldwin’s happy ‘Rust’ wrap post after Halyna Hutchins death

Alec Baldwin returns to the set of 'Rust' after involuntary manslaughter charges were dropped

Sharing a jubilant photo of his co-stars — Frances Fisher and Patrick Scott McDermott, Baldwin wrote, “Last day of filming RUST in Montana.” He also mourned the fact that he could not share screen space with Fisher, whom he dubbed to be a “living legend,” adding he envies Scott McDermott for the opportunity, “Sorry that I did not get to work with this living legend, the great @francesfisher . Patrick, I envy you.”

He then paid tribute to the film's director Joel Souza, who was also wounded in the gun accident, and Bianca Cline, who stepped in as the cinematographer after Hutchins’ death. He wrote, “It’s been a long and difficult road. But we reach the end of the trail today. Congratulations to Joel, Bianca and the entire cast and crew.” Finally, Baldwin concluded the post by saying, “Nothing less than a miracle.”

'Who knows what makes bitter people bitter'

Lady Luck seems to have been at odds with Baldwin as he also got himself involved in another controversy last week during the 2023 PEN America Spring Literary Gala the previous week. As reported by Page Six, the woman who was allegedly berated by Baldwin said to the news outlet, “I’m a sweep leader,” before explaining, “which means I basically tell the waiters when to put down the plates and we have to do it in a certain order.”

“I was going to feed the head of the table but that’s who he was talking to, so I go up to him and I say, ‘I’m sorry sir, but we’re going to have servers walking through the tables here in a minute,” recounted the woman saying, “me and my servers have a job to do.”

It was then that Baldwin asked her patronizingly, and the 'sweep leader' recounted, “So when is it a good time to talk to my friends?” She was naturally taken aback and “did not expect that kind of reaction.” She further added that Baldwin was “very agitated” and asked, “Do I have to explain it to you?”

When she replied in the negative, the ‘30 Rock’ star then said, “Well then step aside.” She further added that her co-workers caught him calling her a “Peasant” after she went away from the place.

Saying that Colin Jost behaved very politely in a similar situation which made her understand it was not a celebrity thing. She said, “So I know it’s not a celebrity thing. Maybe it’s people’s upbringings? Who knows what makes bitter people bitter.”

'Just another blood sacrifice'

One user remarked on Baldwin's stance of not turning off the comments on his Instagram post, "Bold of you not to turn off comments" while another user predicted, "This movie is going to bomb at the box office." One user commented on Twitter, "Just another blood sacrifice" while someone else wrote, "If you pay to see this movie it’s dirty."

Meanwhile, there were also some fans who were happy that Baldwin achieved the remarkable feat of finishing the filming after the accident, "I’m so glad you finished the movie. All of you honored Helena by completing her project. I am sure that is what she would have wanted." Another said, "This movie gave a new meaning to blood, sweat and tears !!!! Good wishes and good luck on its release ! Are we talking blockbuster."

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.