Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Why am I crying?' Kelly Ripa breaks down on 'Live' after watching emotional clip from 'The Little Mermaid'

2023-05-21 10:47
The clip that Kelly Ripa watched was of Halle Bailey singing the well-known song from the movie, 'Part of Your World', as Ariel
'Why am I crying?' Kelly Ripa breaks down on 'Live' after watching emotional clip from 'The Little Mermaid'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Kelly Ripa broke down on 'Live with Kelly and Mark' after the show hosted Halle Bailey on the show, who came over to promote her newest movie 'The Little Mermaid'. The 2023 movie is Disney's live-action adaptation of the 1989 film of the same name. A lot went down on the May 18 episode of 'Live with Kelly and Mark' and the audience saw an emotional side of Kelly Ripa, as she couldn't hold on to her tears after watching a clip from the movie. Meanwhile, Halle Bailey shared her journey in showbiz and how she got into the entertainment business.

The hosts and guest Halle talked about all sorts of stuff after which the show took a commercial break. When it came back from the break, a clip from the upcoming movie was featured on the show. The clip was of Halle singing the well-known song from the movie, 'Part of Your World', as Ariel. Kelly seemed inspired by Halle and constantly told her that "she was so proud of her." But, after watching the clip, Kelly couldn't hold it in and took her husband Mark Consuelos' hand in hers with tears in her eyes.

READ MORE

Fan interrupts Ryan Seacrest on 'Live with Kelly and Mark' after wardrobe malfunction and strange antics

Kelly Ripa calls out girl in audience for rolling eyes at her on 'Live with Kelly and Mark'

'Why am I crying?'

After the clip from 'The Little Mermaid' was featured on the show, Kelly broke down while grabbing onto her husband Mark's hand. Kelly asked, "Why am I crying?" as she shifted in her chair and laughed before sitting in an upright position. "Halle, why am I crying?" Kelly then asked Halle. She further stated how the song makes her feel and said, "That song gives me chills. And you performing it is amazing." Halle replied, "Thank you so much." "It's such a beautiful, visually stimulating movie," Kelly said after getting a grip on herself.

'Are you ready?'

During last week's episode, Kelly showed some unusual behavior. She jumped from her seat in excitement, which then led to her apologizing profusely for not conducting herself well. As Kelly and Mark got ready for their 'Spring Trivia', 'We Found Love' by Calvin Harris started playing in the background. The couple danced to the music with great energy, with their fists held in the air in their enthusiasm. Mark asked his wife, "Are you ready?," which led to her jumping on her seat in excitement and yelling, "We gotta do it!"

After some time Kelly started jumping in her chair, waving her arms in the air, with her hair going everywhere. After realizing that her behavior might cause some stir with the audience and some would find it quite astonishing, Kelly sat back in her seat and apologized profusely.