Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'The Bachelorette' fans thrilled over show's new time slot as network shuffles summer schedule: 'Pretty sure Twitter bullied ABC'

2023-07-18 12:26
There will be a few small adjustments to ABC's primetime unscripted lineup this summer
'The Bachelorette' fans thrilled over show's new time slot as network shuffles summer schedule: 'Pretty sure Twitter bullied ABC'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: 'The Bachelorette' season 20 started in June, which meant the landmark Charity Lawson-led season debuted in an all-new time period. However, beginning next week (Week 5), 'The Bachelorette' will begin handing away her roses a bit early.

Season 20 of 'The Bachelorette,' featuring Charity, premiered in June in a new time slot. Charity, a 27-year-old child and family therapist from Columbus, Georgia, originally appeared on 'The Bachelor' during Zach Shallcross' season. Charity is currently in the midst of seeking true love on her own season of 'The Bachelorette,' and she has been through numerous elimination rounds. Furthermore, Charity is also excited to be able to teach little girls who look like her that becoming the star of a program like 'The Bachelorette' is achievable, as she values representation.

'The Bachelorette' moves back to old slot

ABC is making adjustments to its summer prime time roster, according to TVLine, with 'The Bachelorette' returning to its regular Monday nighttime slot of 8/7c. The July 17 episode ended with the show further confirming the news. The current season, in which Charity is seeking love, has been running Mondays at 9 PM since last month. The new time slot will take effect on Monday, July 24.

In a related shift, the celebrity-adjacent reality competition 'Claim to Fame' will move to Mondays at 10 PM after starting at 8 PM. 'The Bachelorette's three-hour season finale will broadcast Monday, August 21 at 8 PM. The two-hour conclusion of 'Claim to Fame' will broadcast the following Monday, August 28 at 8 PM.

'Best part of the episode'

Happy fans took to Twitter to share their joy as they tweet, "me at 10pm next week now that they’ve moved bach back to the 8pm slot." Another person added, "Best part of the episode is #TheBachelorette moving back to 8pm." One person further wrote, "i’m so glad #TheBachelorette is going back to 8pm bc i cannot watch til 11pm and it’s just not the same watching the next day w/o the twitter commentary." A fourth user noted, "Pretty sure Twitter bullied @ABCNetwork to move The Bachelorette back to 8pm."

Some rejoiced, "#thebachelorette is returning to the 8pm slot next week WE WON !!!!!" Others recalled, "I always remember #TheBachelorette always starting at 8pm."

'The Bachelorette' Season 20 returns with new episodes on ABC on Mondays at 8 PM ET.