Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Inconsistencies and weaknesses:' Oscar-winning Dustin Lance Black acquitted in alleged London nightclub assault case

2023-11-09 08:27
The judge ruled that there were "inconsistencies and weaknesses" in the court documents presented by Teddy Edwardes
'Inconsistencies and weaknesses:' Oscar-winning Dustin Lance Black acquitted in alleged London nightclub assault case

LONDON, UK: Dustin Lance Black, an Oscar-winning director accused of physical assault at a London nightclub, has been cleared of the charges.

The reported incident occurred in August 2022, at a nightclub in Central London.

Teddy Edwardes, a host on BBC3's 'The Big Proud Party Agency,' failed to provide enough evidence to persuade Judge Louisa Cieciora of Westminster Magistrates' Court.

What did the court say in its judgment?

On Wednesday, November 8, the judge ruled that there were "inconsistencies and weaknesses" in the court documents presented by the social media influencer.

It's reported that Black allegedly twisted her wrist, and in response, Edwardes purportedly punched him in the head.

The 'Milk' screenplay writer entered a not guilty plea to the charges in April and was subsequently granted bail, as reported by The Hollywood Reporter.

Black's representative stated, "I acknowledge that Ms. Edwardes provided an account in which she confirmed that Mr. Black grabbed her wrist."

The representative also noted, "However, the inconsistencies and weaknesses in her evidence extend beyond mere matters of credibility and reliability and will be assessed at the conclusion of the evidence."

She stressed, “They are fundamental to the case. For that reason, I consider the prosecution evidence taken at its highest to be such that… I couldn’t properly convict Mr Black of the charge.”

Lance Black expressed satisfaction with the judge's decision, stating, “I am pleased that the judge saw the truth today and ruled in my favor. As the evidence has proven, and I have always maintained, I am completely innocent, and in fact, was the victim in this case of a serious assault.”

Black also claimed common assault

Local London authorities reported that both Black and Edwardes leveled accusations of common assault.

The artist referenced a "serious head injury" without divulging any details about the incident in September.

Expressing minimal progress, the artist shared on an Instagram post, “Showing little improvement, my doctors ordered me to shut off my brain in hopes of it healing. This has been a challenging, frightening time for a creative type who depends on what’s in his skull to work, care and love. And now I understand the road back will be long.”

In her complaint, Edwardes maintained her stance, asserting that she retaliated only in response to Black throwing a drink at her. This particular point became the focal point of heated debate during the trial.

“I didn’t have a drink to throw back so I did choose violence, but I wasn’t that violent, he got a little tap on the head,” she claimed on her Instagram post.

She added in her post, “Tell me why he is crying outside saying it’s a targeted attack and he’s traumatized and called the police, so I have to wait for hours and now I have been cautioned and have to go in for interviews."

Tags news