Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'1000-Lb Sisters' star Tammy Slaton 'devastated' after death of husband Caleb Willingham: 'He was my best friend'

2023-07-02 06:46
'When I met Caleb [Willingham] he became my guardian angel and now he really is watching over me,' said Tammy Slaton
'1000-Lb Sisters' star Tammy Slaton 'devastated' after death of husband Caleb Willingham: 'He was my best friend'

EVANSVILLE, INDIANA: Tammy Slaton is heartbroken over the death of her husband Caleb Willingham who died at age 40. "I am devastated to share the news of my husband’s passing. He was my best friend and I loved him dearly," the '1000-Lb. Sisters' star said.

Slaton was reportedly estranged from her husband at the time of his death. "We are deeply saddened by the loss of Caleb Willingham," wrote Caleb's stepmother Shirley Willingham who confirmed the news of his death. Tammy also paid her tributes in a post on Instagram," RIP sweet angel, you will forever be missed and loved so much thank you Caleb for showing me real love and happiness." The actual cause of his death is not yet revealed by the family.

'He really is watching over me'

Caleb who was nicknamed 'Double K', and 'Killa K' also starred in the weight loss series alongside Slaton as the couple battled their chronic obesity together.

In her statement following his death, Slaton said, "When I met Caleb he became my guardian angel and now he really is watching over me. Our families appreciate everyone’s sympathy and ask that you respect our privacy at this time." Offering their condolences, TLC stated, "We are deeply saddened to learn of Caleb Willingham’s passing. Our condolences go out to Tammy, his family, and friends at this difficult time," according to People.

Inside Slaton and Willingham's married life

Slaton and Willingham met in 2022 at Windsor Lane Rehabilitation Centre in Gibsonburg, Ohio and a month later, he proposed to her. The duo got married in November. "You all knew me as Tammy Slaton, but now you'll all know me as Mrs. Tammy Willingham. I'm married now!", Slaton said at the time. The pair decided to tie the knot at the rehab center and the small celebration was attended by just 30 friends and family members. The ceremony was officiated by their home care nurse and close pal, Billy.

"When I saw Caleb at the altar, I was just picturing doves and butterflies all around like God had opened up the clouds and let the sunlight in. It was magical," Slaton said in a clip from the show and Caleb added, "When I finally see her, my heart explodes." The 36-year-old previously told of Willingham that she had "never felt this way about anybody."

Five months after their marriage, the couple got separated as fans noticed changes in Slaton's social media handles. "We are married by paper only right now. Her decision not mine. I'm hurt, mad, confused, and alone even with others around," Willingham wrote in a since-deleted Facebook post. According to The Sun, a source revealed Slaton filed for divorce after her husband did not adhere to his weight loss programs and they had disagreements over their diets. "He has gained 30lbs and hasn't been working his program," the source added.

Tags news