Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'I clean 'em': Patrick Mahomes opens up on superstition of wearing same pair of underwear for every game

2023-11-15 03:25
'First, my wife Brittany got them for me, so I'm not throwin' y'all down, but I have to wear 'em, ya know,' Patrick Mahomes said
'I clean 'em': Patrick Mahomes opens up on superstition of wearing same pair of underwear for every game

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: Patrick Mahomes has confirmed the red-underwear gossip while appearing on ESPN's 'ManningCast for Monday Night Football.'

The 28-year-old Kansas City Chiefs quarterback admitted to Peyton and Eli Manning that he wears the same pair of underwear for every game, Sportskeeda reports.

"First, my wife Brittany got them for me, so I'm not throwin' y'all down, but I have to wear 'em, ya know," Mahomes told the brothers of his former high-school sweetheart, 28.

"At the same time, I threw 'em on that first season [and] we had a pretty good season that season," he explained of how it all started back in 2017.

Patrick Mahomes says he cleans his underwear at least once in a while

"I only wear 'em for game day, though," he continued during his Denver Broncos and Buffalo Bills game commentary, adding "they're not too worn down" or "nasty."

"I clean 'em. I wash 'em. Every once in a while, at least," joked Mahomes, adding "I mean, if we're on a hot streak, I can't wash 'em, you know? I've gotta just keep it rolling."

"As long as I'm winning football games, I'll keep the superstition going", added the athlete.

Patrick Mahomes' superstitious ritual was revealed back in February

The Chiefs' former backup quarterback, Chad Henne revealed the Super Bowl 2023 champ's superstitious ritual back in February and gave a glimpse into Mahomes' game-day prep during a guest spot on 'The Adam Schefter Podcast.'

"He has a baseball background, so he has to have a certain thing each and every day," Henne shared of the Kansas City Royals part owner, adding "He comes in, he does his work. His notes are written out a certain way. Same pair of underwear, which probably not a lot of people know, on game day. He's been wearing it since I've been part of it."

When pressed for more details, Henne added, "They're red. I'm not sure if they're Hanes or if they're Lululemon, but it's one or two of those brands, and ever since he comes in the locker room — boom, it's right there. I'll be stretching, and like I said, you just glimpse up, and you're like, 'Damn, kid's wearing them again.'

"This definitely has to be a superstition and a good-luck charm, for sure," he added.

Patrick Mahomes is now modeling at-home loungewear professionally

Mahomes is now modeling at-home loungewear professionally besides racking up red-underwear wins, as he and his family just launched a holiday campaign with Kim Kardashian's SKIMS.

“This is our first campaign as a family, and shooting for SKIMS all together was an awesome moment,” the two-time NFL MVP said in a press release of the family's matching red-and-black checkered pajama sets. He added, "I’m all about comfort and these sets will be my go-to at home all season.”

Tags news