Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Lainey Wilson? 'Today' host Hoda Kotb explains importance of dating someone for 'four seasons'

2023-07-25 15:49
Hoda Kotb revealed some dating advice her friend gave her while she was discussing how Lainey Wilson kept her relationship a secret for two years
Who is Lainey Wilson? 'Today' host Hoda Kotb explains importance of dating someone for 'four seasons'

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: ‘Today’ host Hoda Kotb recently shared her insights on dating after learning about Country music star Lainey Wilson’s relationship, which she kept hidden for two years.

Kotb is currently single and a mother of two beautiful girls. She called off her engagement with ex-fiancee, Joel Schiffman, in 2022. She revealed some useful dating tips she got from her friend during a discussion with Jenna Bush Hager on the episode.

Who is Lainey Wilson?

Wilson is a talented Country music singer and songwriter known for her authentic and heartfelt storytelling through her music. Born on November 22, 1992, in Baskin, Louisiana, USA, she was raised in a small town, which heavily influenced her songwriting style. Her passion for music began at a young age, and she honed her craft by performing at local events and festivals. Her breakthrough in the music industry came with the release of her debut album, 'Sayin' What I'm Thinkin', in February 2021. The album received critical acclaim for its refreshing sound and honest lyrics, earning her a dedicated fanbase and establishing her as a rising star in the Country music scene. In May, she officially confirmed her relationship with ex-NFL quarterback Hodges. She also revealed that they had been dating for over two years now.

‘Date someone for four seasons’

During the episode on Monday, July 24, Kotb and Hager discussed how keeping relationships a secret was advantageous while speaking about Wilson. Kotb then shared some dating tips she had received from her friend. She said, “I actually have a dear friend of mine who, when I start dating someone, I’m like, ‘Oh, I want you to meet him.' She said, ‘Not yet. Why don’t you keep dating him for a while? And then if you want me to meet him in a month, I’m happy to.'"

Although Kotb did not reveal her friend’s name, she did praise her dating tips. She said, “'She goes, you don’t know him yet’. So, to introduce him to your world." She went on to explain the whole conversation between her and her friend by stating, “'You know, first you guys figure out if you like each other, forget the world.' She’s also the same friend who, who said, you know, you should date someone for four seasons so you know them in good times and bad."

Kotb contined, “Because to meet someone at their highest high and then the minute something happens, and the person you’re like, 'Wow this is how you react when your luggage is lost? Whoa. I didn’t know we were going to be so crazy and ruin the whole vacation.' Or, 'This is how you react when there’s a loss of some sort? Or when you get something great.'"

Kotb concluded, "'Wait, you’re you’re someone who beats their chest and runs around and talks?' You know, you don’t know what anyone’s about until you’ve had four seasons.'" Hager replied to Kotb's friend's dating tips by stating, “Whoever that is needs to write a dating book."