Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Hope to bring something nice back for you': Andrew He gives shoutout to wife Sarah after announcing birth of son on 'Jeopardy! Masters'

2023-05-19 10:23
'Jeopardy!' Masters semi finalist Andrew He professed his love for his wife Sarah after he announced the birth of his son on 'Jeopardy! Masters'
'Hope to bring something nice back for you': Andrew He gives shoutout to wife Sarah after announcing birth of son on 'Jeopardy! Masters'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: 'Jeopardy!' Masters' 2023 has entered into the last leg and will soon mark the beginning of its semifinal stage in week three with matches airing on May 22 and May 23. The four semifinalists — Andrew He, James Holzhaeur, Matt Amodio, and Mattea Roach will be battling it out once again for the big prize of $500,000 and the Trebek Trophy. Amy Schneider and Professor Sam Buttrey bowed out due to poor performances and are no longer part of the competition.

Speaking of being part of the competition, contestant and fan favorite Andrew He had an announcement later in the gameshow which was nothing short of emotional and heartfelt. The software developer from California choked up while announcing that he has welcomed a baby son named Everett with his wife. Andrew found it hard to contain his tears while speaking to host Ken Jennings and re-professing his love for the person that means the most to him — his wife Sarah.

RELATED ARTICLES

Matt Amodio embraces 'dearest friend' Sam Buttrey before latter's elimination from 'Jeopardy! Masters'

'Jeopardy!' host Ken Jennings slammed by former contestant Wil Wheaton for hosting amid WGA strike, calls him 'a scab'

Who is Sarah and what did Andrew say?

During the episode, Ken inquired about Andrew’s latest addition to his family. The software developer smiled at first and then proudly said, “I have a newborn son. Thanks to just everyone in the world, I guess, but especially the Jeopardy crew. I had the double blessing of going from being here on the stage to within 24 hours going with my partner and welcoming the arrival of our son.”

Andrew then gave a shoutout to his wife Sarah and declared his undying love for her. "I just want to say to Sarah, I love you so much. This is for you and I wouldn't be anywhere near here if not for you.” But Andrew also came up with a promise for his wife in this heartwarming moment. “I love you so much, this is for you, and I wouldn’t be anywhere near here if not for you, so I’m going to hope to bring something nice back for you and baby Everett.” This was Andrew’s way of saying that he will aim to win the tournament and bring back that big wad of cash.

It’s not Andrew’s first rodeo

Andrew has enjoyed a historic run on ‘Jeopardy!’ He holds the record for the largest amount ever won in a player’s first game with $52,001, breaking Myron Meyer's previous record of $50,000, which was set in 2002. Andrew was also the runner-up of the Tournament of Champions in 2022, finishing with a total earnings of $259,365 in the gameshow. Andrew’s biggest competition is the self-appointed gameshow villain James Holzhaeur but for now, Andrew is immensely motivated to break the barrier and win it all for Sarah and his newborn son Everett.