Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'I was discovered in Maui': Chris Pratt raises $250K for Hawaii wildfire victims

2023-09-02 19:23
Chris Pratt launched the fundraising collaboration with the clothing brand TravisMathew 'to do some good'
'I was discovered in Maui': Chris Pratt raises $250K for Hawaii wildfire victims

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Chris Pratt slipped into acting by chance while waiting for actor-director Rae Dawn Chong at a Hawaii restaurant. She chose Pratt and put him in her debut feature, 'Cursed 3', which, despite receiving little attention, established his career.

After a few minor TV parts, the hunky blond appeared on 'Everwood' in 2002 as a jock with a noticeable sensitive side, and he continued with the show until its termination in 2006. Off-screen, he dated his co-star Emily VanCamp, who played his sister on the show and eventually married fellow actor Anna Faris in 2009.

Has Chris Pratt ever lived in Hawaii?

Pratt, back in 2014, the 'Guardians of the Galaxy' actor shared a photo from the days when he was homeless and living in a van in Hawaii

However, Pratt wants to give back to the Hawaii community, where actress Rae Dawn Chong discovered him as a teenager.

Three weeks after a devastating wildfire devastated West Maui, the 'Jurassic World Dominion' star, 44, launched a collaboration with the clothing brand TravisMathew 'to do some good."

He reminded his 45 million Instagram followers, "A lot of you might know this, maybe you don't, I was discovered in Maui. In Lahaina, specifically, slinging up shrimp at Bubba Gump Shrimp Company."

How many people got killed in Hawaii wildfires?

Following the natural tragedy, which killed at least 106 people, the actor remarked that Front Street, known as "the jewel in the crown of Maui," had been "destroyed."

He added, "Hundreds of people have lost their lives. Thousands more lost their homes. So, today, I'm partnering with TravisMathew for our second annual charity sales event."

He continued. "Every single dollar is being donated to the Maui Strong Fund." On September 1, the offer lasts all day long until 11:59 p.m. PST.

How much money have TravisMathew and Pratt raised?

TravisMathew and Pratt disclosed that they have already raised $250,000. TravisMathew released a vintage image of Pratt as a young adolescent when he was still residing in The Aloha State after announcing the sale, as reported by DailyMail.

The company captioned the image, "Maui is the home to many, including the @travismathew family and a young @prattprattpratt."

The company stated that Chris' collaboration with them and the Hawai'i Community Foundation to support the Maui Strong Fund was a result of the community's role in the "development of Chris' career" and was "one of the many reasons why."