Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'The View' host Sunny Hostin reveals why she turned down being a bridesmaid at best friend's wedding

2023-09-14 13:56
Whoopi Goldberg brought up the topic of being bridesmaids and asked her co-hosts if they had ever been one
'The View' host Sunny Hostin reveals why she turned down being a bridesmaid at best friend's wedding

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: On Wednesday, September 13, 'The View' co-hosts discussed being bridesmaids at weddings and whether they would ever turn that role down.

It was during this conversation that Sunny Hostin revealed that she once turned down being a bridesmaid because the dress was “so hideous.”

The rest of the panel continued to discuss some of their own experiences with being a bridesmaid but Hostin’s experience focused primarily on the dress as she recalled the story behind it.

Sunny Hostin refused to wear a ‘hideous’ dress

Whoopi Goldberg, the moderator of ‘The View’, narrated the topic to her co-hosts Hostin, Alyssa Farah Griffin, Joy Behar and Sara Haines.

Goldberg said, “So, I think this is something that most people can sort of grasp onto because I think most women have found themselves in this position.

She continued, “A woman wrote to Glamour, and she said she was writing in her bridesmaids' resignation letter because she had been a bridesmaid 45 times, had 45 dresses, hated them all, and said, enough.”

Goldberg then asked her co-hosts the question, “Have you all been bridesmaids? Have you felt like this?”

Hostin was the first to respond to Goldberg’s question “I had to turn down one. The dress was so hideous.”

She added, “I love a wedding, but I'm more of a professional wedding crasher. Like, I like to see the love in the room and eat the food.”

Hostin also mentioned the average cost of being a bridesmaid. She said, “But the average cost of being in a wedding for a bridesmaid is like 1800 bucks, and you're doing a job. Sometimes you've got to give speeches.”

Sunny Hostin recalls her best friend’s wedding

After speaking about what being a bridesmaid entails, Hostin then recalled her best friend Kathy’s wedding.

Hostin said, “I remember my best friend, Kathy, we had to wear this... like a... oh, so ugly, it was like a corsage hanging basket, and we had to walk in like this.”

Griffin who sat next to Hostin pointed out, “Kathy might hear this.” To that, Hostin responded, “She knows I hated it, and I said, 'I'm too old for your wedding, sweetheart.'"