Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

What is Alix Earle Scholarship? TikTok star says 'I want to be that support system for someone'

2023-08-06 18:58
The University of Miami has confirmed that the scholarship will be a recurring opportunity
What is Alix Earle Scholarship? TikTok star says 'I want to be that support system for someone'

MIAMI, FLORIDA: TikTok sensation Alix Earle recently graduated from the University of Miami in May. Her TikTok page showcases her love for the university, attending morning classes, and cheering on the basketball team alongside Sebastian, the beloved mascot. She attributes her success to UM, and that's why she was determined to remain connected to the school after graduation.

Now, as a 22-year-old online star, she has taken a remarkable step by establishing a scholarship fund for business students. In a phone interview with the Miami Herald, Earle expressed her excitement about staying actively involved with the university, aiming to make a tangible impact beyond her online presence.

What is the Alix Earle Scholarship?

The Alix Earle Scholarship is a financial assistance program specifically aimed at students in their junior or senior year who display significant potential in the field of business. The scholarship seeks to break down financial barriers and support students in realizing their dreams. The exact donation amount for the scholarship has not been disclosed by either the private university or Alix Earle. However, the University of Miami has confirmed that the scholarship will be a recurring opportunity, ensuring continued support for deserving business students.

To apply for the scholarship, students were required to submit a resume along with a video answering two crucial questions. The first question focused on the impact the scholarship would have on their educational and career goals. The second question delved into why being a student at the University of Miami is personally important to them.

Earle expressed her deep appreciation for the applicants' videos and stories, stating that she was profoundly moved by watching the students share their aspirations and dreams for the future. The scholarship aims to make a meaningful difference in the lives of these ambitious students, providing them with the support they need to excel in their business studies and beyond. She said, “It was super moving watching some of the videos of the students and hearing their stories.”

'I never really dreamed of being able to donate to anyone'

"I never really dreamed of being able to donate to anyone, or anything really, at this point in my career," Alix Earle humbly shared. The realization of her ability to give back and support others has been a heartwarming experience for her.

Earle is determined to make the scholarship as impactful as possible. She aims to help not just one, but multiple students if feasible, recognizing the importance of supporting promising individuals in their educational pursuits.

Beyond just providing financial assistance, Earle aspires to be a mentor for the students who receive her scholarship. She understands the value of a strong support system and wants to offer guidance and advice to these young scholars. Having experienced immense support from her own family, friends, and professors during her four years at the University of Miami, Earle is eager to be that same pillar of support for others.

She said, “The biggest part of it for me was being that support system for another student,” she said. “Like, I want to be able to get to know them, help them, talk to them, be their mentor just because I feel like I had a lot of support throughout my four years with my friends, my family, my professors, and I want to be that support system for someone else.

“And, you know, if they’re having financial stress, I want to be able to relieve a little bit of that and help them complete and follow their dreams.”

Her rise to fame on social media

Alix Earle, originally from New Jersey, made a life-changing decision in 2019 when she moved to Miami to attend the University of Miami. Her journey at the Herbert Business School culminated in her graduation in May.

In 2022, Earle's online following began to soar when she started posting videos sharing her personal experience with Accutane, an acne treatment drug. Her candid and relatable content about acne struck a chord with her audience, earning her praise and support from people who felt more comfortable with their own skin issues. Viewers appreciated her authenticity and the sense of connection she fostered with them.

Her popularity led to the evolution of her content, transitioning into 'get ready with me' videos. Sitting in her room at UM, she skillfully applied makeup on camera while sharing product recommendations and updates on her daily activities, such as attending classes or going out in Miami. This genuine and engaging approach resonated with her audience, catapulting her to immense popularity.

As time went on, Earle's online presence continued to grow, becoming a snowball effect of success. Currently, she boasts an impressive following of over five million on TikTok and nearly three million on Instagram. Her increasing influence attracted partnerships with renowned brands like Victoria's Secret and makeup giants - Tarte and Rare Beauty (Selena Gomez's makeup line).

Her ability to inspire and empower others through her relatable content has made her a role model for many, while her collaborations with prominent brands showcase her impact in the world of beauty and social media.

Tags news epcelebs