Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Will Mark Zuckerberg fight Elon Musk? UFC fighter Chael Sonnen discusses potential cage fight between tech billionaires

2023-06-27 17:48
Chael Sonnen revealed that Mark Zuckerberg contacted him directly, and he confirmed that he wouuld fight Elon Musk
Will Mark Zuckerberg fight Elon Musk? UFC fighter Chael Sonnen discusses potential cage fight between tech billionaires

WEST LINN, OREGON: The potential fight between Facebook founder, Mark Zuckerberg, and Twitter CEO, Elon Musk, appeared to gain traction on Monday, June 26, following a remark by retired UFC fighter, Chael Sonnen, but it swiftly fizzled. Sonnen recently discussed a potential cage fight between tech billionaires with MMA journalist Ariel Helwani. He claimed that Zuckerberg contacted him directly, and confirmed to fight Musk.

Whereas, TMZ Sports reports that Zuckerberg denied calling Sonnen to discuss a hypothetical cage fight with Musk at UFC 300. Sonnen made the remark on 'The MMA Hour' on Monday morning.

'Mark did not call Chael Sonnen'

Sonnen said to Helwani that Zuckerberg called him personally and "has told me that he has agreed to fight Elon Musk at UFC 300 and it was a very big deal." He continued, "That just happened. [My producer] Ethan is my witness, my son, Thero, my dog, Duke. This is a shoot."

However, a Meta CEO spokeswoman informed TMZ Sports, "I have confirmed with Mark that he did not call Chael Sonnen."

What appeared to be meaningless banter between two tech billionaires has become the topic of the combat sports world, with UFC president, Dana White, saying Zuckerberg and Musk are serious about fighting and he's working to pull it together. On 'The Pat McAfee Show', White stated that a bout between the two would be "the biggest fight in the history of the world."

While Sonnen may have overstated his case on Monday, a clash between Musk and Zuckerberg is not completely out of the question. UFC 300 is expected to take place in the spring of 2024, giving White plenty of time to try to make things happen.

Will Mark Zuckerberg and Elon Musk fight?

Zuckerberg has a background in mixed martial arts. Last month, the Facebook creator blogged about finishing his first jiu-jitsu event. Musk recommended the Vegas Octagon in answer to Zuckerberg's site request on Wednesday.

He then made a joke about his fighting abilities and exercise show, implying that the battle might not be serious. "I have this great move that I call ‘The Walrus’, where I just lie on top of my opponent & do nothing," Musk wrote.

It remains to be seen whether Musk and Zuckerberg enter the ring, especially since Musk frequently tweets about action too soon or without following through. Even if their cage match arrangement is a prank, their banter drew attention. In response, an unceasing stream of memes and posts encouraging people to "pick their fighter" has sprung up.