Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Is Tyler James Williams OK? 'Abbott Elementary' star takes action against stalker who drove 2,200 miles to reach LA home

2023-09-22 19:49
The stalker allegedly sent messages to the actor, saying 'I’m coming to the house' and 'I don’t play games'
Is Tyler James Williams OK? 'Abbott Elementary' star takes action against stalker who drove 2,200 miles to reach LA home

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Tyler James Williams has filed a temporary restraining order against an alleged stalker.

The stalker reportedly drove thousands of miles to reach the actor's house and show up unannounced at his front door.

Tyler James Williams' stalker ordered to stay 100 yards away from actor

In legal records obtained by The Blast, the 'Abbott Elementary' star has outlined unsettling events involving an individual identified as "John Doe."

A judge from the Los Angeles Superior Court has issued a directive mandating "John Doe" to maintain a distance of 100 yards away from the actor.

Tyler James Williams' encounter with a stalker

On September 1, Tyler James Williams reported that a stalker arrived at his Los Angeles apartment complex. "Once inside the building, he repeatedly banged on my door while asking me to open my door," the actor said.

Williams said the stalker "continuously rang my ring doorbell at least 30 times over a 4-hour period. He also attempted to open a window adjacent to my front door."

The actor revealed that the incident was captured by his Ring camera. Williams described how John Doe, growing frustrated with his unsuccessful attempts to make contact, could be heard expressing his frustrations on the recorded footage.

He allegedly said, "I can’t believe I’m leaving and we didn’t get to talk. This isn’t f***ing fair."

Williams said, "His messages and erratic behavior have placed me in fear for myself and have caused me to suffer substantial emotional distress."

Tyler James Williams describes stalker as 'unstable' and delusional

Williams alleges that this person engaged in persistent attempts to communicate with him for several months.

The harassment began with direct messages on social media and escalated dramatically, culminating in the person traveling an extensive 2200-mile distance to reach the actor's private residence.

Williams' lawyer said, "Some of these messages contained explicit content including statements about rape, robberies at gunpoint, drugs and social abandonment."

Expressing concern for his safety, Williams mentioned that the person appears "unstable" and holds delusional beliefs, including the false notion that they were in a relationship.

The actor's legal filing also highlighted disturbing messages from John Doe, containing phrases like "I’m coming to the house" and "I don’t play games," further emphasizing the alarming nature of the situation.

Other messages included, "I’m not paying games with you here, my mind is playing games with me" and "Call me I can’t stop shaking."

Williams informed the court that he has refrained from returning to his apartment since the unsettling incident. The actor earnestly appealed to the judge to enforce a restraining order, urging that John Doe stay away from him, with violations potentially resulting in an arrest.

In an effort to protect himself, Williams disclosed that he took the step of hiring a private investigator to gather information about the stalker.

The actor's temporary restraining order will hold until an October hearing, during which a judge will assess the situation and decide whether to make the order permanent.

Tags news