Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Internet slams 'The View' hosts for discussing Jada and Will Smith's separation amid national 'crisis'

2023-10-12 13:29
'The View' faced backlash after discussing Jada Pinkett Smith and Will Smith's separation during 'Hot Topics' segment
Internet slams 'The View' hosts for discussing Jada and Will Smith's separation amid national 'crisis'

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: Jada Pinkett Smith and Will Smith hit the headlines after Jada revealed that she and Will “have been separated since 2016,” as reported by BBC News.

On Wednesday, this news also made its way to ‘The View’ table as a part of the ‘Hot Topics’ segment as the co-hosts discussed the “separated” couple.

Joy Behar, who moderated the segment in the absence of Whoopi Golberg, explained the situation to her co-hosts and the live audience, as the panel discussed it. However, the internet wasn’t too impressed.

Joy Behar says ‘the ship has sailed’

Joy Behar explained the situation between Jada Pinkett Smith and Will Smith to her co-hosts, “So up until this morning, this morning, “the storybook romance and 25-year marriage of Will and Jada Pinkett Smith has survived challenges, up until this morning. Like, you know, for instance, Jada's calling it an entanglement with their son's friend, okay. That was one.”

Behar continued, “And Will defending his wife's honor by smacking Chris Rock at the Oscars, yeah. Well, forget all that, okay? That was a fairy tale, and that ship has sailed because now Jada has just dropped a major plot twist. Take a look.”

‘The View’ then played the interview between Jada and ‘Today’ host Hoda Kotb, where Jada revealed that Will and she had been separated since 2016.

As the panel then discussed Jada and Will’s marriage, and separation, the internet wasn’t too impressed with this being a part of ‘The View.’

Internet reacts to Jada and Will's separation

‘The View’ shared a clip of the hosts discussing Jada and Will on X, formerly known as Twitter, and one person wrote, “Sorry was it a slow news day? I see a lot of things that should be holding our interests more than this.”

“I suppose it's news. But WHO really cares. Please don't become a gossip show. I don't think the ladies will wear gossip show well. Beautiful, mature, educated, news journalists discussing trash. It just doesn't look good. Should be done after the show,” wrote one user.

One user wrote, “… 💩 news.” And another said, “Embarrassed for you. @abcnews @KimGodwinTV @Brianteta. The nation is in crisis and this is what you devote time to.”

"Very disappointed with these ridiculous segments on The View!!! I'm not in the LEAST bit interested in watching the ladies discuss Will and Jada's marriage, and quite frankly they do not deserve to be given such valuable air time!!! Up your game, @Brianteta!!! 🤦🏻‍♀️ #TheView,” slammed one user on X.

Users also shared gifs in response to this segment, and one read, “Nobody gives a f**k.”