Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Nick Cave gives fresh update on new Bad Seeds album

2023-11-09 19:48
Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds are close to finishing their first record in three years.
Nick Cave gives fresh update on new Bad Seeds album

Nick Cave is about to start mixing the new Bad Seeds album.

The follow-up to 2019's 'Ghosteen' is edging closer and closer to being finalised.

In a Facebook update this week, Nick wrote: "Dear All,

I am packing ready to leave Los Angeles today, then heading to Buffalo to mix the new Bad Seeds album, but I just wanted to tell you what an immense pleasure the North American tour has been."

In July, he confirmed he was "back in the studio finishing the new Bad Seeds record.”

So far, Nick and his band have performed a new song called 'To Be Found’.

Nick said of the track on his AMA site Red Hand Files: “The sentiment is simple and softly spoken, the song unable to even declare its name, but still it is a special song, full of unspecified emotional impact and a great pleasure to play. I think I’ll call the song “To Be Found”.”

Nick previously said of the writing process for the collection: "The initial sitting down comes from a complete absence of ideas, and every line I write seems to affirm the fact that I am not very good at what I do! It’s a very slow process of just collecting a line together and putting it next to another one … it’s micro-managing these words to get something going, and it just grows. That initial thing, it’s not very nice. I wish it wasn’t so."

The star added: "I’ve read Neil Young wrote the whole of ‘Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere’ in bed one day when he had the flu. Is that true? And I’m like, ‘F*** you, man!’ – I never liked that record anyway."

Tags nick cave