Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Kim Kardashian says she hides her true feelings about ex-husband Kanye West around their children

2023-06-27 14:29
Kim Kardashian opened up about her parenting style during an honest interview
Kim Kardashian says she hides her true feelings about ex-husband Kanye West around their children

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Kanye West has proven to be quite unpredictable and his constant acts of self-sabotage have done a lot of damage to his career. The rapper, who prefers to call himself Ye, shocked his fans with his threats against Pete Davidson, whom his ex-wife Kim Kardashian was dating after her breakup with him. However, the ongoing scandal (sushi served on the body of a naked woman on his birthday) surrounding her ex-husband has taught Kim an important lesson in self-preservation. Kim's eight-year marriage to the rapper, producer and entrepreneur ended in 2022.

The 42-year-old reality star claims in an interview with Vogue Italia that as a mother, she has learned to withdraw emotionally to provide the most stable upbringing for her growing family. Kim and Kanye are parents to four young children together.

'I try not to show as much emotion'

Kim says, "If it's something concerning my kids' dad and I'm upset, I try not to show as much emotion. I have to be ready to explain why I'm upset, and it might not be appropriate for them to know. There's nothing worse than "You'll understand when you're older." I don't want to be that person. But if I'm upset about other things that they can understand, I absolutely will show emotion and cry."

Kardashian married West, her second husband, at Florence's Forte Belvedere in 2014. Her first marriage to basketball star Kris Humphries ended prematurely. But West's outspokenness and frequently erratic behavior caused unavoidable controversy, unwelcome headlines, and intolerable stress in their marriage, as reported by DailyMail.

Kim Kardashian's parents set a 'really good' example for her

Following this, Kardashian filed for divorce in 2021, citing irreconcilable differences as the cause of the breakup. She also acknowledged feeling resigned toward her ex-husband. She said, "I think at some point you just have to surrender to not getting the last word and not having your truth out there; I also saw a really good example from my parents. And that was helpful. It makes me want to be an example for my kids too."

Another factor may be Kim Kardashian's strong work ethic, as she has been advancing jail reform while trying to get a legal education in memory of her late father, Robert. She has so far been successful in obtaining mercy for those who were wrongfully imprisoned and has used her wealth to support the 90 Days to Freedom campaign, an effort to commute the life sentences of non-violent drug offenders.

She explained, "When I take something on I really want to take my time to get to know the person I am going to help." She added, "Sometimes, if it's not a quick emergency case, I have a visit, but if there's an execution and we're fighting hard for it, there is no time, just action."