Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

‘The View’ fans ask Sunny Hostin to ‘do better’ as they slam her for ‘bullying’ co-host Alyssa Farah Griffin amid Season 27 promotions

2023-09-03 10:52
'The View' Season 27 is set to premiere on September 5 but fans don't seem too thrilled about Sunny Hostin's return
‘The View’ fans ask Sunny Hostin to ‘do better’ as they slam her for ‘bullying’ co-host Alyssa Farah Griffin amid Season 27 promotions

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: ‘The View’ Season 27 is only a few days away and the promotion for the daytime talk show is in full swing.

Along with releasing a photo of all the co-hosts posing together, ‘The View’ is also sharing solo shots of each co-host on their social media platforms. After Joy Behar, the next in line was Sunny Hostin.

After ‘The View’ shared Hostin’s solo shot, aligned with the new golden and white theme of Season 27, viewers weren’t too thrilled.

As the new season approaches, viewers have asked Hostin to “do better,” with “less bullying” when it comes to her behavior with co-host Alyssa Farah Griffin.

What happened between Alyssa Farah Griffin and Sunny Hostin?

When it comes to political parties, Sunny Hostin is a Democrat, and Alyssa Farah Griffin, a Republican, which means they don’t always see eye-to-eye. This difference came to the forefront in Season 26, especially when Donald Trump or Mike Pence were mentioned, both of whom Griffin worked for in the White House.

As reported by Entertainment Weekly, in June, “Alyssa Farah Griffin melted down in an uncharacteristically intense on-air fight with Sunny Hostin on The View.”

This conversation took place amid talks of Pence’s presidential candidacy, which led to Hostin bringing up Griffin’s work history.

‘The View’ fans are unimpressed by Sunny Hostin

‘The View’ shared Sunny Hostin’s solo shot on their Instagram and wrote, “We've missed you, America! 😍 @sunny is ready to get back to the #HotTopics table!📸: ABC/Jeff Lipsky”

Fans have flooded the comment section with advice for Hostin as one wrote, "Sunny please let Alyssa speak without interrupting her and reminding her she once worked for Trump."

The same comment further added, "She is a very smart, poised, young woman with a great deal of insight into this fraught time of political unrest. I am a Democrat and I like her very much and think you should treat her with the courtesy she so graciously extends to everyone on the panel. Do better, Sunny!"

Some have even talked about Hostin being replaced as one person wrote, "Was hoping they'd replace her,” while another said, "Please replace her!! Not another season of her narrow-mindedness!! please!!"

However, most comments continued to be about Hostin and Griffin as one said, "Less bullying Alyssa and no more pouty face when you don't agree with someone else, ok? You're not in middle school anymore."

The person also added as a side note, "In fact, you are one of the older women at the table now." A fifth person said, "Sunny please be nice to Alyssa and her let give her opinion, she knows more about Politics. And don't interrupt so much."

Even those who were once fans of Hostin have commented, "I hope this year sunny quits being so full of herself. She acts like she is better than everyone on the show and she is extremely rude to Alyssa."

The same fan further said, "She treats her like a child and won't ever let her get a word in. I used to like Sunny but this new Sunny has lost my respect."