Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Are Mady and Collin Gosselin on talking terms? 'Jon & Kate Plus 8' star accuses brother of threatening every family member

2023-07-21 18:59
'Jon & Kate Plus 8' siblings Mady and Collin Gosselin are locked in bitter battle
Are Mady and Collin Gosselin on talking terms? 'Jon & Kate Plus 8' star accuses brother of threatening every family member

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: The Gosselin family feud is just escalating with each passing day. After Collin Gosselin’s fiery revelation of their estranged family situation in the Vice docuseries, Madeline Gosselin aka Mady, 22, lashed out at her younger brother in a lengthy message posted through her Instagram story.

Collin, previously claimed that his mother Kate Gosselin, 48, was “abusive” toward him and as he started seeing through “what was going on at home,” he was sent away. Mady, one of the estranged couple Jon and Kate Gosselin’s eight children, took to her social media to castigate Collin and shed light on the relationship between the siblings.

Are Mady and Collin Gosselin on talking terms?

By the looks of it, not only are Mady and Collin not on talking terms, but Mady is also not looking forward to a reconciliation soon. On a black background, she composed the message that she says, “I never wanted to have to speak up about this in order to allow my brother the ability to live privately after the conclusion of our family’s TV show, but I’ve been overwhelmed by hate messages in the last few days and I feel I must set the record straight.”

Mady then continued in her Wednesday, July 19’s post, “I do not owe my allegiance to any person(s), who has physically threatened me and every member of my immediate family (some incidents as recent as last year). Further, I will never allow someone who has exhibited hateful and even violent behavior towards others based in their racial identity, gender identity, or religious beliefs to be in my life.”

Making her stance with her brother Collin clear, Mady continued, “Kindness, tolerance, love, and acceptance are core values in my life and I refuse to compromise them for ANYONE, even my brother Collin, who has unfortunately made his opinions very clear in private.”

She also showed her vexation clearly saying, “For me, there is no further conversation to be had about rebuilding relationships with anyone in my life after reaching the point of physical violence and hate speech. I cannot speak any further on why Collin has done these things, just that I have witness them.”

Finally commenting on the issue of hate mails, she wrote, “I’ve had hundreds of people messaging my private accounts with the most hurtful words you can imagine in the last few days, all without knowing the full truth of what we’ve been through. I’m asking for peace and privacy (and no more hate mail) going forward.”

‘There’s no need to ‘take sides’’

After posting a vitriolic message on July 19, Mady posted another message on July 20. In the latest message, she wrote, “Btw I’m not the authority on what trauma others have experienced, but I am the authority on what I have experienced (and I’ve reluctantly shared that with you today).” She continued to say, “To those of you saying my brother was a child who experienced trauma and so I must swiftly forgive and forget, please remember that I was a child too.” While Mady empathizes with her brother, she says that she too has suffered trauma at his hands, “I have empathy for him and what he’s been through, but that doesn’t erase the trauma I’ve suffered at his hands.”

Finally, she concludes, “We are real people living real lives, not just characters on your TV, which means there is SO much you will never know about our lives. There’s no need to “take sides,” Please just be kind.”

Who are Mady and Collin Gosselin?

Mady, Gosselin along with their six other siblings rose to fame with the show ‘Jon & Kate Plus 8’ when it premiered in 2007. Jon Gosselin and Kate were married and twins Madelyn and Cara in 2000. Four years later, the couple welcomed sextuplet children - Alexis, Hannah, Aaden, Leah, Jo, and Collin. While Jon and Mady divorced in 2009, the show continued to run for 11 seasons.

Recently, Collin opened up about his mental trauma in a Vice docuseries, where he said, “I was starting to tell my teachers that my mother was — wait, real quick. Can I use the word ‘abusive’ or are they not allowed to use that on air?” before adding, “That’s kind of the reason why she sent me away. I was starting to tell people what was going on at home, and she caught wind of that and had to put me somewhere where I wouldn’t be able to get the secrets out," per Us Weekly.

Tags news epcelebs