Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'The Idol' Episode 1: The Weeknd praised for 'entertaining' and 'mysterious' portrayal of Tedros in HBO Max drama show

2023-06-05 15:48
A fan wrote, 'Give us more. I am hooked. Abel is such a good actor, can't wait to see how his character unfolds too'
'The Idol' Episode 1: The Weeknd praised for 'entertaining' and 'mysterious' portrayal of Tedros in HBO Max drama show

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: The much-hyped television show, ‘The Idol’ finally released on June 4 on HBO Max. Even before its release, the series starring Lily-Rose Depp, The Weeknd, and Jennie Kim, attracted negative comments for being “too graphic." Several people criticized The Weeknd for his role as Tedros.

However, it seems the first episode has changed people’s perception as many took to Twitter to not only praise the show but also the Canadian singer, whose real name is Abel Makkonen Tesfaye. A fan tweeted, “Give us more. I am hooked. Abel is such a good actor, can't wait to see how his character unfolds too @StarboyJ23.”

‘My man, @theweeknd did his thannng’

The second fan wrote, “So far so good. It’s so different seeing Abel in costume.” “Tedros is a menace 😂😂😂 he plays his role well. I get why in the Idol press conference, he said ‘I don’t ever want to meet a guy like that ever, in real life ‘Tedros is dangerous 😂, can’t wait to see how Abels's character unfolds,” the third one shared.

The fourth one said, “It was great well done !!! The whole storyline is great no negative comments here at all ‼️‼️🔥🔥😱😱 they killed it for sure.” The fifth one stated, “It’s good, I love the cinematography, now I know what Abel meant by telling about Tedros' character 👀.”

“It was really good, it was uncomfortable at points but I assume that’s the point. I’m looking forward to episode two,” a comment from a user read. Another user’s tweet said, “I loooved it, definitely impressed. My man, @theweeknd did his thannng❤️👏.” “Seeing Abel on screen as Tedros is entertaining as f*** he is on a slider of being goofy and funny to sexy and mysterious, oh it's gonna be very interesting watching how it all plays out. the scores are amazing too,” a comment added.

“It was good. I was into the characters. I want to get to know all of them more. Abel did great!” a user named @smxo77 posted. “Well it’s a really great episode we had to know the characters and it’s great yeah, and how they interact which each other with respect and tolerance, I liked the scene when the two main characters opened up to themselves that was great,” @WahibElhouari added.

‘We’re definitely not trying to tell anyone else’s story’

This comes as earlier, Lily-Rose shut down the speculations that her character has links to Britney Spears. She told Extra’s Rachel Lindsay, “It's not based on anyone in particular… We’re definitely not trying to tell anyone else’s story, but definitely create one of our own. There were a lot of different people that I was inspired by for this role. Some that were pop stars, some that were not.”

“I wanted Jocelyn to feel simultaneously like a modern-day pop queen of today but also like somebody that kind of existed in her own world and in her own kind of time so I drew a lot of inspiration from actresses like… Gene Tierney and Sharon Stone and women like that that I find really inspiring,” the actress added.

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.

Tags news epcelebs