Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'I just love the song': Kelly Clarkson reveals first song she performed in public was Mariah Carey's 'Vision of Love'

2023-10-15 07:54
'I would love to say I was brave and bold. I was just stupid,' said Kelly Clarkson
'I just love the song': Kelly Clarkson reveals first song she performed in public was Mariah Carey's 'Vision of Love'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Kelly Clarkson’s love for Mariah Carey is unmatchable! On her recent appearance on 'The Tonight Show,’ the ‘Stronger’ singer revealed that the first song she performed for people was her idol’s ‘Vision of Love.’

“I would love to say I was brave and bold. I was just stupid,” she told the host, adding “I just love the song.”

Kelly Clarkson joked Mariah Carey may have listed her on security list

The 41-year-old, who’s a ‘huge fan’ of Carey shared about her interaction with the ‘Obsessed’ crooner.

“She knows I adore her because I’ve run into her several times, and she’s probably got me on some security list to keep me away,” joked Clarkson.

“She came on The Voice, and we were working together, and sometimes I say everything that’s in my brain, and I shouldn’t do that,” Clarkson recalled about Carey’s 2018 appearance as an adviser for the show.

The ‘American Idol’ alum regrets turning down the offer to write together with Carey accidentally in the past, reports People.

“I walked away, and my friends were like, ‘Do you realize you just told Mariah Carey ‘No?’ ” Clarkson made light of her mistake.

“That’s not what I meant. I meant the best writing for me does not come out in that scenario. I’m usually alone. Any time you see my name on a song, I wrote it, usually, alone," she explained.

“You would love to write a song with Mariah Carey,” Fallon suggested that she would love to work with Carey. “I would love to … I love you, Mariah Carey,” Clarkson agreed.

Kelly Clarkson adores Mariah Carey's songwriting abilities

On ‘Las Culturistas,’ Clarkson admired Carey’s songwriting abilities saying, “I’m such a huge fan of being her street team in terms of her being one of the best writers ever,” she said.

“No one talks about it! They always talk about the songbird and I’m like, ‘Great, vocals for days, obviously.’ But, guys, name another artist that’s that successful that wrote it all," she added.

On the show, Clarkson also talked about the hard decision when she changed the original lyrics of her hit song ‘Piece by Piece.’

She explained that it was challenging for her to sing the song in its original form due to her "personal life circumstances."

She told Fallon, "You know, now that I rewrote it literally an hour before I went on stage in Vegas to like, sing it because I was like, I can't sing these lyrics, but I know people want me to sing the song. And so I changed it, right before the show, and, you know, it kind of put [it in] perspective."

"It's like... that was a lot of pressure to put on someone," she added.

Tags news