Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Black Mirror' Season 6 trailer unveils cast, release date, and episode descriptions

2023-06-01 06:49
'This time, alongside some of the more familiar 'Black Mirror' tropes we’ve also got a few new elements', said Charlie Brooker
'Black Mirror' Season 6 trailer unveils cast, release date, and episode descriptions

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Charlie Brooker, the creator of the award-winning series 'Black Mirror' have released more details about the release date and episodes. With the release of the full official trailer on Wednesday, May 31, it was revealed that the anthology series is set to return on June 15. It will have five episodes, which if compared to the last season that came in the summer of 2019, has two more episodes.

The Emmy-winning series’ return was officially announced a few weeks back during which Brooker said he “stretched the parameters” of what to expect from a 'Black Mirror' episode for the upcoming season. “I’ve always felt that 'Black Mirror' should feature stories that are entirely distinct from one another, and keep surprising people (and myself), or else what’s the point? It should be a series that can’t be easily defined and can keep reinventing itself. So partly as a challenge, and partly to keep things fresh for both me and the viewer, I began this season by deliberately upending some of my own core assumptions about what to expect,” he said before promising to deliver “crazy swings and more variety than ever before.”

On the other hand, fans are excited to witness seasoned cast members, which include Auden Thornton, Ben Barnes, Clara Rugaard, Daniel Portman, Aaron Paul, Anjana Vasan, Annie Murphy, Danny Ramirez, Himesh Patel, John Hannah, Josh Hartnett, Kate Mara, Michael Cera, Monica Dolan, Myha’la Herrold, Rory Culkin, Salma Hayek Pinault, Paapa Essiedu, Rob Delaney, Samuel Blenkin and Zazie Beetz.

'Five brand new mind-bending stories'

The official tweet from the maker said, “Five brand new mind-bending stories from the world of Black Mirror, coming this June: Joan is Awful, Loch Henry, Beyond the Sea, Mazey Day, and Demon '79.”

Apparently, Brooker has vowed that the new season will push all the boundaries that we associate with a 'Black Mirror' episode, as reported by The Hollywood Reporter.

'Stretching the parameters'

While talking about what to expect from the upcoming series, Brooker mentioned in an interview that “This time, alongside some of the more familiar 'Black Mirror' tropes we’ve also got a few new elements, including some I’ve previously sworn blind the show would never do, to stretch the parameters of what a 'Black Mirror' episode even is.” He further added that "The stories are all still tonally Black Mirror through-and-through – but with some crazy swings and more variety than ever before.”