Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

‘Jeopardy!’ fans call out writers for giving away answer in clue: ‘Failure of quality control’

2023-07-14 11:27
'Jeopardy!' has been receiving a lot of criticism lately for issues like the cost of their new video game and the show's declining writing quality
‘Jeopardy!’ fans call out writers for giving away answer in clue: ‘Failure of quality control’

CULVER CITY, CALIFORNIA: The future of 'Jeopardy!' seems to be uncertain at the moment as the current season' completion comes closer with each day. This is because fans seem to have noticed some issues already arising in the last few episodes of the game show.

Recently, viewers pointed out that the show has exhibited poor writing quality as they went on to even give away the answer in one of the clues. This has only given way to more negative speculations about what will happen in the upcoming seasons of 'Jeopardy!'.

'Jeopardy!' clue that gave away the answer

In the episode that took place on Wednesday, July 12, there was a shocking blunder made by the writers who came up with the clue. In a clue under the $800 stamp from the Double Vowels category, the picture included gave away the answer, as seen below. Host Ken Jennings read the clue: "Dumbo, which, as you can see, is short for Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass, is a neighborhood in this borough."

A sign board had "Where Brooklyn Begins" written clearly in the picture, which was also the answer to the clue. Returning champ for the episode, Justin White, was able to correctly guess the answer.

Fans call out the 'poor' writing on 'Jeopardy!'

In a Reddit thread, fans broke down why they were disappointed with the writing for Season 39 of 'Jeopardy!'. "A failure of quality control by the show, in my opinion," one user said pointing out the issue. Others also pointed out that the writing had increasingly gotten strange, especially in the case of the category Slang in the same episode. A user said, "I think it was just awkwardly written. I’m Gen Z, and no one describes a vibe as “goated,” nor do we use “lowkey” in that particular context." Another fan agreed saying, "The poor writing is really turning me off from the show."

A user pointed out that they wanted host Jennings to work on the loss of good writing, saying, "They used to have quality control over the writing, but it's really gone to s**t lately. Come on, Ken, we're counting on you to get in that writers room and kick some butt!" Some other fans found issues with the contestants performing poorly because they weren't given enough time to work on their answers. A user said, "I don’t think interview time should take away from playing time. Give the contestants a set amount of playing time. Edit the interviews to fit the final product." A fan also expressed their concern about 'Jeopardy!' failing to find the next super champ like Jennings as they wrote, "I think things are reverting back to how they were before the pandemic. It's just that we've been recently spoiled by the large number of super champs last season. Either that, or they cast a wider net in terms of the talent pool, so that means you'll also get more less-skilled players as well."