Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Why did Jamie Foxx hide illness from fans? Actor provides lengthy update on hospitalisation and clarifies he's not 'blind or paralyzed'

2023-07-22 18:58
After recovering from his mysterious illness, Jamie Foxx told fans, 'I'm on my way back'
Why did Jamie Foxx hide illness from fans? Actor provides lengthy update on hospitalisation and clarifies he's not 'blind or paralyzed'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: The wait is finally over as Jamie Foxx is well now and has, after a long and mysterious absence, spoken about the health scare. The actor was hospitalized after a "medical emergency," on April 11, while he was shooting for his film ‘Back in Action’ in Atlanta. Numerous theories circulated as the actor refused to communicate with the media and his close friends, relatives and associates remained similarly tight lipped. Some rumors even suggested he had gone blind or was paralyzed.

On May 3, the ‘Ray’ actor communicated with his fans via social media with a simple message, "Appreciate all the love!!! Feeling blessed." Then the actor’s daughter, Corinne Foxx, took to her social media to announce that Foxx was out of the hospital and was recuperating. But, now in July, Foxx fas finally shared a detailed update about his recovery and shed some light on his illness.

In the clip shared through Instagram, Foxx was heard saying, "I cannot even begin to tell you how far it took me and how it brought me back," before talking about his fans' support, "I went through something I thought I would never ever go through."

Why did Jamie Foxx hide his illness from fans?

In the clip, Foxx also talked about his fans' most asked question — why did the actor hide his illness? The Oscar-winning actor detailed the reason why he didn’t release any photos before. While he knew "a lot of people" were "waiting" for his health updates, Foxx said, "to be honest with you, I just didn't want you to see me like that." The Oscar-winning actor rationalized, "I want you to see me laughing, having a good time, partying, cracking a joke, doing a movie [or] television show.”

He wanted his fans to remember the good times and did not want to scare them by releasing pictures of him fighting for his life in the hospital. Foxx continued, "I didn't want you to see me with tubes running out of me and trying to figure out if I was going to make it through."

In the video, Foxx took out time to thank his sister Deidra Dixon and daughter Corinne Foxx for saving his life. He also extended heartfelt thanks to the "great medical people" who cured him. He added, "I cannot tell you how great it feels to have your family kick in in such a way — and y'all know they kept it airtight, they didn't let nothin' out. They protected me, and that's what I hope everyone could have in the moments like these."

‘I went to hell and back’

Foxx also busted all the myths that surrounded his unknown illness. While he explained to his fans why he stayed quiet all the time, Foxx also accepts that by not saying anything, false narratives often perpetrate. He said, "Now, you know, by being quiet sometimes things get out of hand.” Dispelling every rumor one by one, he said, “People saying what I got, some people said I was blind, but as you can see ... the eyes are working just fine. Said I'm paralyzed — I'm not paralyzed."

While his vital organs are functioning fine, he concedes, "But I did go through... I went to hell and back," before adding, "And my road to recovery had some potholes as well.” But the silver lining is that he is back now, “But I'm coming back. And I'm able to work." He is also overwhelmed by "all the love” that he got during his illness.

Foxx continued, "I know they talk about people crying on videos, . . . you can do a take two; I'm not gonna do a take two.” Being brutally honest, Foxx admits, “It is what it is. If you see me out from now on and every once and a while I just burst into tears, it's because it's been tough, man. I've been sick, man. But now, I've got my legs under me, so you're gonna see me out."

He continued reiterating the previous point while making a case for what he believes to be true, "But like I said, I just want you to remember me for the jokes that I crack, the movies that I make — some of them good, some of them ain't (I think I've got a good one out), and songs that I sing. ... I'm here on earth because of some great people. I'm here on earth because of God, man." He concluded the emotional message with an enthusiastic, "I'm on my way back."

'Welcome back!'

“@iamjamiefoxx my HEART AND SOUL can Be at Peace Now. Thanks for this and thinking of us because you have A LOT of Us out here that REALLY REALLY LOVE YOU. This is the confirmation I needed from u and God🙏🏽🙏🏽 I don't believe nothing from the media. From your lips to Gods ears only. I love you Jamie. Thank You God for keeping your hands on him 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽❤❤😘,” said one fan. Another said, “I dun fell asleep and woke up to this ain’t nobody called and told me nothinnnnnnn 😩🙌🏾💪🏾🥰♥️♥️♥️.” Another one said, “Love you Jamie stay blessed you’re still with us ❤️❤️.” The fourth fan said, “Glad u back it's great to see u on here again.” “Welcome back! We love you man,” the fifth said.

Tags news epcelebs