Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Hers's why Kai Cenat's reaction to Kim Petra's sexuality upset the transgender community

2023-05-12 18:48
What was the reaction of Kai Cenat? Why does it offend transgenders?
Hers's why Kai Cenat's reaction to Kim Petra's sexuality upset the transgender community

Twitch King Kai Cenat has caused a stir on social media with his reaction during his recent live stream. In the video, Cenat expressed frustration and caused the online community to become divided. The controversy started when Kim Petras and Nicki Minaj's song got released. Kim Petras is a German singer and songwriter based in Los Angeles. Nicki Minaj is a Trinidadian born rapper, singer and songwriter.

While Kai Cenat was watching this video, his attention was grabbed by the comment section. But Why? Read on to know more!

READ MORE

Grammys 2023: Fans hail Kim Petras for becoming first trans woman to win best pop duo/group performance

Nicki Minaj pushes fan away during chaotic meet and greet in London, Internet says ‘don’t judge her’

Kai Cenat screamed 'Stop Lying'

The song “Alone” is a music video collaboration by Kim Petras and Nicki Minaj. The song was celebrated by their fans when it dropped.

In the recent livestream, Kai Cenat reacted to their fans' applause for the song. His attention was grabbed by the comment in the Twitch chat “Petras is a German musician who became the first transgender woman to receive a Grammy award”. After looking into this comment, Kai Cenat screamed, “That is a man!"

"That's a guy? Stop lying. You're lying. Bro, why do I always get caught like this, bro?! This s**t is getting too hard! Bro, this s**t is... I'm fighting for my f**king life! Bro, this s**t is so hard, bro! I can't, bro! Like, I can't, bro! Like, bro, what the f**k?! Like, I just can't tell... like, bro! Well, that's cap, bruh!"

Kim’s Community responds to Kai’s reaction

After Kai listened to the music he started to search for Kim Petras and stated, “German songwriter. Oh! She's from Germany! Yes, bro! She's good. Bro, what?! Kim Petras becomes first trans singer to have a number one song on the Billboard Hot 100. Oh, s**t!" (The streamer starts laughing) "Yo! I can't. Like, this s**t. Yo! This song is fire as f**k, though!"

Cenat took issue with several of Petras' statements, including claims about the inspiration for her music and her experiences in the music industry. He upset the trans community with his reaction. This caused Kim’s Twitter community to hit back. One Twitter users wrote, “Kai Cenat was mad wrong for calling Kim Petras a man and the barbs are disgusting for agreeing with him. Well I’m not surprised.#BARDICLAN"

Another fan commented, “Despite a edited video going around saying he’s transphobic, he actually was reading some comments and reacting to finding out Kim is trans.As you can tell he was shocked because HE COULDNT TELL#SEEZESHAN"