Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

TI schooled after rapper acts surprised on learning son King Harris didn’t know about diverse careers of Tupac and Will Smith

2023-11-29 21:28
In a recent edition of 'GOAT Talk', TI and his son, King Harris, discussed Will Smith's career as a rapper and Tupac Shakur's foray into acting
TI schooled after rapper acts surprised on learning son King Harris didn’t know about diverse careers of Tupac and Will Smith

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: TI was shocked to learn that his son, King Harris, was unaware of Will Smith's career as a rapper or that Tupac Shakur was an actor.

The two talked about their favorite rappers who dabbled into acting on the most recent installment of Complex's 'GOAT Talk'.

King Harris admits not knowing Will Smith or Tupac's diverse careers

TI and King Harris made an appearance on Complex's 'Goat Talk' series a few days after going viral due to a family conflict due to remarks made about the latter's upbringing. King angrily denied that he had a "silver spoon" childhood, as claimed by TI and his wife, Tameka "Tiny" Harris.

In the segment, the 19-year-old admitted that he was unaware that Tupac was an actor prior to his death in 1996.

The fact that Smith was formerly a rapper known as "The Fresh Prince" was also unknown to King, which made TI hang his head in shame. During the duo's discussion, King asked, "Tupac was an actor?" when TI named him his pick for the greatest rapper-turned-actor.

Pointing at the door, TI responded, "Man, get out. Get OUT!" King continued, saying that he's never even seen 'Poetic Justice' and that he believed a Tupac "lookalike" acted in movies like 'Juice'.

While King aka "Kid Saiyan" spoke of never having watched Tupac play Lucky with Janet Jackson in 1993's 'Poetic Justice', he appeared to be aware that Ice Cube had a filmography, referring to him as his "GOAT actor-rapper."

"I rock with Cube," agreed TI, calling him "the OG," before bringing up Smith and saying, "Can't forget Will Smith."

King was again let down by the response as he had no idea that the Oscar winner had once been "The Fresh Prince," leading King to ask, "He a rapper?"

TI exclaimed, "Oh my god!" Subsequently, King replied, "Bruh, I don’t know no Will Smith songs! That’s like asking me, ‘What’s a Nick Cannon song?'"

When the son asked TI about Smith's hits, he said that the 'I Am Legend' actor had won the first Hip-Hop Grammy as "The Fresh Prince."

King, still perplexed, inquired about Smith's most recent work, though it is said that the 'Emancipation' star is working with Joyner Lucas on a return record.

Internet states it's TI's job to tell King Harris about Will Smith and Tupac's careers

Soon after the duo's conversation went viral, netizens flocked to social media platform X (formerly Twitter) to assert that it's TI's job to tell his son about the legendary rapper and the Oscar-winning actor.

One wrote, "How TI acting surprised like he’s not his dad, like bro that’s YOUR JOB to put him on these things," while another added, "Standing on business with your ignorang self."

A person stated, "T.i. is grilling his son as if he isn’t partially responsible for exposing him to things from the past," with someone else saying, "His son is pretending to be someone that he is not."

"As much times as King done been to Miami & he ain’t know Will made Welcome to Miami," noted a netizen.

Others shared funny memes and clips to make light of King's unawareness about the two legendary artists.

Tags news