Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'DWTS' Season 32 fans furious over 'boring' Disney Night episode amid 100th anniversary celebrations

2023-10-18 12:23
'DWTS' Season 32 Disney Night featured the debut of dance styles jazz, paso doble, Viennese waltz, waltz and contemporary
'DWTS' Season 32 fans furious over 'boring' Disney Night episode amid 100th anniversary celebrations

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: 'Dancing With The Stars' Season 32 celebrated 100 remarkable years of Disney. However, the viewers found the special night 'boring' and slammed ABC for not having any different songs.

The dance competition series added significance to the regular Disney Night with the celebration of the 100th anniversary of the Mouse House. The viewers witnessed the season debut of jazz, paso doble, Viennese waltz, waltz, and contemporary.

The 11 remaining couples performed during the magical day in the ballroom on timeless songs from beloved soundtracks of Disney's most cherished films. However, the viewers slammed the ABC network for assigning songs from the same Disney movies every year.

A Twitter user wrote, "Disney night… time for the same damn songs to the same damn dances pls! #dwts." Another person penned, "Ngl this was the least memorable disney night we’ve ever had…"

Fans also took to Reddit to drop their comments as one said, "Well, I vowed I would never criticize Disney night again if Adrian went home, so I'll make a suggestion and simply say please get some new songs for next season. It seemed weird to jump around from the 1950s to the 1990s when they were supposed to be celebrating 100 years, plus doing the Broadway versions."

Another Reddit user stated, "I guess, because DWTS is back on ABC, they don't have as much freedom as they do just on Disney+? Not sure how, but that's the only explanation I have for them to revert back to their same roster of songs they use on ABC."

Another critic added, "I agree, I think using TV theme songs from Disney shows along with movie hits would totally freshen it up, or even just Disney TV theme songs for a change." Another viewer noted, "Disney has such a wide variety of songs and I just don't understand why they don't utilize that."

Disney 100 Night kicks off with a tribute to Suzanne Somers

Following the death of Suzanne Somers, 'DWTS' paid tribute to the late actress during Disney Night. The tribute started with multiple photos of Somers both at the top of the broadcast and ahead of the final commercial break and weekly elimination.

During the second tribute, host Alfonso Ribeiro made remarks honoring Somers. He said, "Suzanne competed on Season 20, and she made a big impression on everyone here both in the ballroom and behind the scenes."

Alfonso added, "Our thoughts go out to her friends and family." Meanwhile, the official Instagram of 'DWTS' also penned an homage to Somers with a stunning photo.

The post was captioned, "We are saddened at the loss of one of our dear DWTS family members, Suzanne Somers. She was an icon in and out of the ballroom, and our hearts go out to her loved ones. ❤️"

'DWTS' contestant Ariana Madix worked at Disney World

Disney Night held a special significance to 'Vanderpump Rules' star Ariana Madix as she revealed on the show that she once worked at Disney World.

Ariana worked as costumed characters such as Ariel, Cinderella, and Aurora at Disney World while she was studying in college.

She also noted that this week's dance, a contemporary to 'Into the Unknown' from Frozen II, was very fitting considering the style of the routine.

Ariana said, "I feel more vulnerable doing this dance more than any others but I really wanna show we can make this great too."

Ariana was on a high after last week's routine, where she tied at the top of the leaderboard. She gushed about her achievement, "I feel like I'm still dreaming."

Catch new episodes of 'DWTS' Season 32 every Tuesday at 8 pm ET on ABC and Disney+.