Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Anna Shay who rose to fame with Netflix's 'Bling Empire' dies after suffering a stroke at 62

2023-06-06 06:46
'Anna Shay taught us many life lessons on how not to take life too seriously and to enjoy the finer things,' her family said in a statement
Anna Shay who rose to fame with Netflix's 'Bling Empire' dies after suffering a stroke at 62

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Anna Shay has died at age 62 of a stroke, her family said in a statement. The ‘Bling Empire’ star's death was sudden. “It saddens our hearts to announce that Anna Shay, a loving mother, grandmother, charismatic star, and our brightest ray of sunshine, has passed away at the early age of 62 from a stroke,” read the statement.

“Anna taught us many life lessons on how not to take life too seriously and to enjoy the finer things. Her impact on our lives will be forever missed but never forgotten.” The 62-year-old entered the hit show in 2021 with debut season and was embraced by fans instantly. "Anna Shay is half-Japanese and half-Russian and super, super wealthy," Kane Lim claimed during a confessional in Season 1. Kane also added that most of her wealth came from ‘weapons.’ However, Shay clarified this, “I asked him, 'Why did you say my dad was in arms?'" He goes, 'I don't know.' He thought he knew, but maybe he didn't know and was just guessing."

'I wasn't even expecting to be in front of the camera'

Meanwhile, as per an NBC report, Shay’s father was the founder of Pacific Architects and Engineers — ‘a global contractor for American defense services dating back to the 1960s.’ In one of her interviews, Shay talked about the unexpected fame from ‘Bling Empire’, show, “I wasn't even expecting to be in front of the camera. I'm very shy and I went along with whatever situation was happening. I was just being me,” reported People.

'Thank you to all at the Netflix'

She was last seen in one of the episodes of ‘Bling Empire’ where she can be seen sharing some wisdom with colleagues. "There are more things in life than superficial bulls---.” Shay’s last social media post came in December over Instagram wishing her followers a happy holiday season and thanking Netflix, “Annashay93's profile picture Verified Wishing everyone happy holiday … May all your dreams come true. And a very special Thank you to all at the Netflix.”

This is a developing story. MEAWW will keep you updated.

Tags news