Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'He's a legend': Fans laud 'Wheel of Fortune' icon Pat Sajak after daughter Maggie Sajak shares emotional post following retirement news

2023-06-14 10:19
Pat Sajak’s daughter Maggie Sajak shared an emotional post with her dad, calling him a ‘legendary host’ and ‘legendary father’ after he announced his retirement
'He's a legend': Fans laud 'Wheel of Fortune' icon Pat Sajak after daughter Maggie Sajak shares emotional post following retirement news

LOS ANGELES, CALFORNIA: Pat Sajak, the longtime host of the popular game show ‘Wheel of Fortune’ has become an iconic figure in the world of television game shows. His ability to engage and create a lively atmosphere on the set with his natural charm and wit has been an integral part of the show. Sadly, after 40 years of making playful banter with the contestants, making jokes, and light-hearted remarks, Sajak has announced his retirement. After the news broke, his daughter Maggie Sajak also shared a heartfelt message and photo with her dad on Twitter and the fans cannot stop sharing their emotions over the startling news.

Recently, the ‘Wheel of Fortune’ host shared shocking news on Twitter where he revealed that he’s stepping down from his hosting duties after the last season set to commence in September 2023. His hosting skills have been widely appreciated which always kept the audience and contestants entertained. They have made him an integral part of the show’s success for several decades. Unfortunately, Sajak will no longer be gracing our screens after June 2024 and his successor has not been announced yet. While fans are saddened over the news, Sajak’s daughter Maggie shared an emotional post with her dad, calling him a "legendary host" and "legendary father".

‘He’ll be missed'

Sajak has been associated with the game show since 1981. It looks like his time as a host has come to an end and he is set to embark on another journey in life. Maggie, who currently serves as a social media correspondent, shared a post with Pat with an emotional caption, “Legendary host, even more legendary father”, followed with a heart emoji.

In the photo, the 27-year-old wore an exquisite beige blouse and stylish high heels while standing in the ‘Wheel of Fortune’ set as she chatted with her dad who rocked in a signature suit. The snapshot was shared a day after Sajak’s unexpected news.

The saddening news came as a shock to many fans who expressed their emotions on social media. A Twitter user rephrased Maggie’s words and said, “Congratulations to your dad on a well-deserved retirement! He’s a legend and will be missed!” Another pointed out the show won’t be same without him and wrote, “It’s not going to be the same with someone else, he’s truly a legend!!!”

One fan thanked him for his service and commented, “So many nights watching the wheel with my sons since they were little. Thank you Pat, and all the best in your retirement.”

Many fans are still amazed by the news and can’t get over it as one fan wrote, “Hard to believe only one more season with him.” Another stated, “Gosh I will miss him so bad! I grew up watching his show. I was shocked and saddened to hear about his retirement.” One viewer said that Sajak “won't be replaced easily for sure!”

Pat Sajak’s ‘wonderful ride’

Announcing the retirement news on Monday, June 12, 2023, the TV personality tweeted, “Well, the time has come. I’ve decided that our 41st season, which begins in September, will be my last. It’s been a wonderful ride, and I’ll have more to say in the coming months. Many thanks to you all”. He is expected to remain a host till June 2024 after which he will step down. The good-natured charmer began hosting with Vanna White in 1981 and has been with the game show for 40 years now. Sajak’s co-host Vanna White also responded to his personal message, “It’s so much fun working with my dad…and we’re looking forward to even more fun in Season 41.”

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.

Tags news epcelebs