Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'There goes my serotonin': Fans upset as 'High School Musical: The Musical: The Series' ends with Season 4

2023-06-22 12:28
'High School Musical: The Musical: The Series', which shot Olivia Rodrigo and Joshua Bassett to stardom, enjoyed a successful stint of four years
'There goes my serotonin': Fans upset as 'High School Musical: The Musical: The Series' ends with Season 4

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Disney+ has dropped a significant bomb on its die-hard fans and viewers. The streaming giant recently announced that one of their most popular shows, ‘High School Musical: The Musical: The Series’ will end its tenure with Season 4 on August 9, 2023. Showrunner and executive producer, Tim Federle, recently declared that all the episodes of the show will be released together for the fans to watch and East High Wildcats will be breaking free after this season.

‘High School Musical: The Musical: The Series’ focuses on a fictionalized version of East High School, the school at which the original movies were filmed, and boasts a huge ensemble cast of Olivia Rodrigo, Joshua Bassett, Matt Cornett, Sofia Wylie, Larry Saperstein, Julia Lester, Dara Renee, Frankie Rodriguez, Mark St Cyr, Kate Reinders, Joe Serafini, Saylor Bell Curda and Adrian Lyles. But before Tim Federle broke the news of the show’s departure from Disney+, he offered a respite to the fans by stating that all episodes will be out at once.

'It's time to graduate’

Tim took to Instagram to inform the fans about the show’s future. In a trendy post on the social media platform, Tim wrote, “And after 4 years at East High, it's time to graduate. This will be our final, endgame season. This show brought the most extraordinary cast- and crew, and collaborators — to my life.” He further added, "To the fans who embraced our series, we 'don't not love you’. We can't wait to share our epic 4th act with you all. See you all at graduation - Tim Federle.”

The fourth season will witness Wildcats filming 'High School Musical 4: The Reunion at East High' and will also star the original 'High School Musical ' cast of Monique Coleman, Corbin Bleu, Lucas Grabeel, Bart Johnson, Kaycee Stroh, and Alyson Reed. But the fans who were hoping for the series to continue were inconsolable.

‘There goes my serotonin’

The fans went berserk in the comment section of the Instagram post shared by Tim. While expressing their disappointment, one fan wrote, "Don't do this to me,” with crying emojis while another wrote, “LAST SEASON NOOO.” A third added, “Last season?? there goes my serotonin,” while the fourth was all set to cry his heart out. One fan was in complete denial about the news. “YOU'RE JOKING??? NO NO NO NO.” However, there were some fans who with their wishful thinking wanted Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens to return with the rest of the original cast but unfortunately, no such announcements have been made by Disney+.